How to Make Disinfectant Spray: Main Steps
As people stay vigilant about staying healthy and in an effort to limit the spread of any illnesses, many households are making their own disinfectants. These can be used on high-touch surfaces in your home such as doorknobs, countertops, faucets, and more.
What You’ll Need
- Rubbing alcohol or vodka
- Spray bottle
- Essential oils, such as tea tree or lavender oil
- Distilled water
NOTE: You don’t need all the ingredients listed above, but it’s best to include them for the most effective disinfectant.
- Start by pouring ½ cup (118mL) of rubbing alcohol or vodka and 20-25 drops of essential oil into a spray bottle.
- Now add 1 tablespoon (15mL) of honey and fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Close the spray bottle and shake it strength to mix all ingredients together.
- Your disinfectant spray is now ready to use.
- For extra potency, you can add 2-3 tablespoons (30-45mL) of vinegar to the homemade spray.
- Shake your homemade disinfectant spray every time before use.
- For a pleasant smell, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- This homemade disinfectant spray should last for up to 2 weeks.
We hope this article has given you a better idea of how to make your own disinfectant spray. If you follow these steps, you’ll be able to make a powerful germ-fighting spray that will keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy.