The Essential Bug Out Bag for Kids
When building a bug out bag for your children, it is important to ensure that it contains everything they will need in an emergency situation. In addition to basic preparedness items, like extra clothing and a first aid kit, having a plan in place and practicing it with them is the best way to make sure that your family is ready for anything.
What to Include in a Bug Out Bag for Kids
- Necessary Documents: Copies of your family’s important documents, like birth certificates, Social Security cards, insurance policies, and any other needed paperwork.
- Clothing: Include an extra set of clothing for each child, including recommendations for the layers and coverage appropriate for the local climate.
- Food and Water: Choose lightweight and easily digestible food that can provide energy and sustenance without weighing them down. Pack age-appropriate portions and a reasonable number of water bottles.
- Safety: Stock the bag with items like flashlights, glow sticks, pocket-sized flares, and whistles to help keep them safe in any situation.
- Tools: Items like maps, compasses, and tactical knives are designed to help your family navigate and navigate its way out of danger.
- Hygiene: Keeping hygiene supplies like soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, wet wipes, and emergency blankets are essential. Don’t forget a travel-sized first aid kit.
- Entertainment: Pack card games and soft toys to keep kids occupied during travel or downtime.
No matter the age of your children, a bug out bag can be an invaluable asset during an emergency situation. Make sure that your family is always prepared by packing the right items and explaining their purpose to your children. A bug out bag for kids should include all of their essential items and necessities, as well as space for their entertainment.