Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes are pesky little bugs that are attracted to humans, animals, and even standing water, and can spread dangerous diseases like Zika virus and West Nile Virus. Thankfully, there are a variety of mosquito traps available to help control these pests without relying on harsh chemical repellents. This guide will review the best mosquito traps for indoor and outdoor, discuss important features to consider before buying, and provide a few helpful tips for using your new mosquito trap.
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are two main types of mosquito traps: Electric Traps and Chemical Traps. Electric traps use a fan to pull in mosquitos and then electrocute them. Chemical traps use bates to attract mosquitos and then kill them using chemicals like propoxur. Electric mosquito traps are generally considered to be the most effective, as they do not require a constant supply of bates and generally have a longer reach.
Important Features to Consider
When choosing a mosquito trap, there are several important features to consider. First, consider the range of the trap. Most mosquito traps have a maximum range of about 50 feet, but some can reach up to 100 feet. Second, consider the power supply. Most electric traps are powered by either batteries or AC adapters. Third, consider the noise level. Certain electric traps can be quite loud, so read online reviews before making a purchase. Finally, consider the size of the trap; a larger trap will cover more area.
Top 5 Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Hoont Outdoor Mosquito Trap: This electric trap uses a high-efficient fan to lure pesky mosquitoes within a 50-foot range, and then electrocutes them. The Hoont Outdoor Mosquito Trap is powered via an AC adapter and is relatively quiet.
- Koolatron Mosquito Trap: This electric trap uses a fan to draw in mosquitos and then kills them via electrocution. The Koolatron Mosquito Trap can cover an area of up to 100 square feet and is powered by either AC or battery.
- Mosquito Magnet Defender Propane Trap: This chemical trap is powered by propane and can cover an area of up to 1 acre. It uses both attractant and carbon dioxide to draw in mosquitos, and then kills them via a series of rotating plates.
- Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer: This electric trap uses a UV light to attract mosquitoes and then electrocutes them. The Flowtron BK-40D has a maximum range of one acre and is powered by AC.
- Mosquito Joe Odorless Repellent: This chemical trap uses a non-toxic, odorless repellent to deter mosquitoes. The Mosquito Joe Odorless Repellent is powered by propane and can cover an area of up to 750 square feet.
Tips for Using a Mosquito Trap
When using a mosquito trap, there are a few helpful tips to consider:
- Position the trap away from windows and other sources of light.
- Keep chemical traps away from children and pets.
- Clean the trap regularly to remove build up of mosquitoes and debris.
- Consider using multiple traps if you have a large area to cover.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions before use.
Mosquito traps are an effective way to keep annoying mosquitoes under control without relying on harsh chemicals. Before buying a mosquito trap, be sure to consider the range, power source, noise level, and size. The five mosquito traps listed above are all excellent options for controlling mosquitoes indoors and outdoors. Be sure to follow the tips provided and read the manufacturer’s instructions before use.