How to Make Penicillin — The Natural Antibiotic
Penicillin is a popular antibiotic that can treat a variety of bacterial infections. It’s also one of the oldest antibiotics, first discovered in the 1920s. But did you know that you can make your own natural penicillin at home? Here’s how.
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- In a jar, combine the water, honey and vinegar. Stir gently to mix.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the mixture, making sure it is evenly spread out.
- Cover the jar loosely with a lid or cloth and let sit for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or sieve to separate the liquid from the solids.
- Discard the solids and store the liquid in a sealed jar or bottle in the refrigerator.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the liquid orally, 2-3 times a day, for up to 7 days.
- If the mixture is too sour, add more honey when mixing.
- If you have any allergies to yeast or malt vinegar, it may be best to skip this method altogether.
- In order to get the most benefit from the penicillin, make sure to take it consistently for the full 7 days you are prescribed.
Making your own penicillin is a great way to make use of natural ingredients to combat an infection. However, be sure to consult a doctor before attempting this method, as it may not be appropriate or effective for all types of bacterial infections. If you do choose to make your own penicillin, make sure to follow the instructions closely and take it as directed.