All Natural Homemade Weed Killer Recipe
Keeping weeds from taking over your garden can seem like an uphill battle, but with a few simple ingredients and a green thumb, you can make your own DIY weed killer that both prevents weeds from taking over and is safe for the environment. Follow this simple guide for a natural weed killer recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare and is more cost-effective than store-bought products.
- 2 Gallons of White Vinegar
- 2 Cups of Epsom Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Liquid Dish Soap
- In a large bucket, stir together the white vinegar and epsom salt. This mixture should be poured into a container with a tight-fitting lid so that it does not evaporate.
- In a smaller bucket or bowl, combine the dish soap and 1/2 cup of the vinegar/epsom salt mixture.
- Slowly add the soap/vinegar mixture to the larger bucket and stir until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Transfer the weed killer mixture to a spray bottle and apply directly to weeds, or apply with a broom or brush if necessary.
- Reapply the weed killer every two weeks or as needed.
Be sure to spot-test the weed killer on a small area before using it on an entire area. The mixture should not be used on edible plants or in areas where children and pets are likely to come into contact with it.
This homemade weed killer is a great way to rid your garden of pesky weeds without the use of harsh chemicals. It’s natural, easy-to-prepare, and will save you money in the long run. So get out there, get your garden looking pristine, and have a healthy, happy, weed-free summer!