Healing Salve: Natural Remedy for Minor Cuts and Scrapes
Healing salve is a natural remedy made from a blend of herbs and wax to help with cuts, sores, scrapes, and other minor skin issues. The mixture of natural ingredients promotes healing and helps to reduce inflammation and itching. Healing salve can be made with a variety of ingredients, including calendula, comfrey, plantain, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil, beeswax, and coconut oil.
What are the Benefits of Healing Salve?
Healing salve has many benefits for minor skin issues. It helps to protect the skin from dirt, infection, and bacteria and can help to heal cuts, burns, and sores. It helps to reduce redness and inflammation, while helping to keep your skin moisturized. It can also be used to help soothe itchy and irritated skin.
How to Make Healing Salve
Making your own healing salve is a simple process. You just need to gather the ingredients and melt them together. You will need beeswax, 1 tablespoon of your chosen herb, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 5-7 drops of vitamin E oil, and 5-7 drops of tea tree oil. The exact amounts of each ingredient may vary depending on how strong you want your salve to be.
- Gently melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and the herb in a double boiler. Keep stirring to make sure everything is mixing together.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vitamin E oil and tea tree oil.
- Put the mixture into an airtight container. Allow the salve to harden before using it.
How to Use Healing Salve
Once you’ve made your salve, it is ready to be used. Here’s how:
- Clean the area around the wound with mild soap and water.
- Dry the area thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of healing salve to the affected area.
- Cover the area with a clean cloth and tape it in place. Leave the cloth on for at least 30 minutes to let the salve to do its job.
- Remove the cloth and rinse off the salve with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process twice a day until the wound heals.
Healing salve is a great natural remedy for minor cuts, scrapes, and other minor skin issues. It helps to protect the skin from infection and helps to reduce inflammation and itching. You can make your own healing salve easily with a few simple ingredients. Once you’ve made your salve, it is easy to use and can help your skin heal quickly.