DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home & Camp
The perimeter of your home or camp is an important area to protect. If someone were to enter your perimeter, they could potentially cause damage or danger to you and your property. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable and effective perimeter alarm to keep intruders away. Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank for a high-quality alarm system. You can easily construct a DIY perimeter alarm to protect your home or camp with just a few simple materials and steps.
- 2 long pieces of wire (about 50 ft. each)
- 2 insulated wire nuts
- 2 AAA batteries
- Small 12V electric bell
- High-gauge steel fence
Steps to Build the Alarm
- Connect one wire to the bell’s positive input terminal. Connect the other wire to the bell’s negative input terminal.
- Secure the fence around the perimeter of your home or camp. Make sure to tighten the fence so it creates an unbroken circle.
- Connect the wire nuts to the ends of the wire. Make sure the connections are tight and secure.
- Place the AAA batteries into the bell and close the door.
- Install the bell at least one foot away from the fence. This will ensure that the bell won’t be triggered when the fence vibrates.
- Your DIY alarm is now ready for testing. Try triggering the alarm by touching or shaking the fence. If the bell rings, then your alarm is working properly.
With just a few simple materials and steps, you can create an effective DIY perimeter alarm to protect your home or camp. This alarm should deter any intruder from entering your perimeter, thus providing added security to yourself and your property. Do remember to regularly check and maintain your alarm, and replace the batteries as needed.