DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home & Camp
Keeping your home or camp safe can be daunting task. Luckily, you don’t need to depend on expensive security systems to protect your property. You can create a DIY perimeter alarm to help keep you safe. These easy-to-use and inexpensive alarms don’t require expensive tools or a lot of technological savvy to construct and can help alert you to intruders on your property.
Tools & Materials Needed
- A drill
- Alarm bells or buzzers
- Electrical wiring
- Perimeter wires
- Alarm sensors
- Hammer and nails
Steps To Install Your Perimeter Alarm
- Drill holes for sensors and perimeter wiresline. Ensure you place sensors at the front and side of your home or camp, directly facing where an intruder might be coming from.
- Run the perimeter wires in a continuous line along the edge of your property using the hammer and nails. Make sure the wire is close enough to the ground for maximum accuracy, but watch out for pets or animals that could accidentally trip the alarms.
- Connect the perimeter wire to the alarm bells or buzzers at the entrance to your property. Use the electrical wiring to ensure that all of the alarms are properly wired together.
- Attach the alarm sensors to the perimeter wire. These sensors will detect any movement and sound the alarms. Make sure the sensors are securely in place, as any loss of connection may cause the alarms to malfunction.
- Set the alarm sensivity to the desired level. This will determine how sensitive the alarm will be to different levels of movement or vibrations.
- Test out the alarm system to ensure it is working correctly. Once all of the wires are connected and the alarm sensivity is properly adjusted, test the perimeter alarm throughly to ensure it is working correctly and will detect any intruders.
Benefits Of A DIY Perimeter Alarm
Apart from being inexpensive and easy to set up, a perimeter alarm can help alert you to any unauthorized access on your property. You will be able to better prepare yourself and your home or camp in the event of an intrusion. Additionally, because a perimeter alarm is visible to would-be intruders, they may be dissuaded from even attempting to break in.
A DIY perimeter alarm is a great way to protect your home or camp without spending a fortune. Don’t wait until it’s too late to secure your property. Follow the steps outlined above and create your own DIY perimeter alarm today!