DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
It is a fact that home security is one of the most important factors for a safe and secure residence. Installing a perimeter alarm system for your home and camp is highly beneficial not only to protect your property from intruders but also to alert you of an emergency such as a fire. This article will show you an easy and economical way of DIY-ing a perimeter alarm system for your home and camp.
Things You’ll Need:
- An external motion detector
- Extension cords
- Outdoor electrical outlets
- Alarm system keypad
- Wireless security camera (optional)
Steps to Install a Perimeter Alarm System:
- Install your motion detector in strategic areas around your home or camp where an intruder might enter. Be sure to run the wiring for the motion detector according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Connect the motion detector to your external outdoor electronic outlets using the extension cords, making sure to seal any exposed wire with electrical tape.
- Connect your alarm system keypad to the same external outlet using the extension cord.
- Plug the alarm keypad into a power outlet.
- Turn on your alarm system.
- If you wish, you can add a wireless security camera to the system to provide live surveillance of the premises.
Benefits of Installing a Perimeter Alarm System:
- A perimeter alarm system provides an extra layer of security and will alert you immediately if an intruder is detected.
- The coverage of the perimeter alarm system can be extended with the addition of wireless sensors which can be placed further away from your home or camp – something that is not possible with standard home security systems.
- Adding a wireless security camera to the system can also provide visual evidence of attempted intrusions.
Installing a perimeter alarm system for your home and camp is both cost-effective and easy to do. It also provides an extra layer of protection and the peace of mind that comes from knowing your home is secure. With the right tools and knowledge, you can easily DIY your own perimeter alarm system and save yourself a lot of money in the process.