DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home & Camp
Protecting and safeguarding living spaces is one of the most important parts of staying safe and secure. A perimeter alarm is one of the best ways to do this, alerting you to any threat or unwanted visitor. However installing an alarm system can be expensive, making it a luxury many people can’t afford. But don’t worry, with some will and imagination, you can make your own DIY perimeter alarm quite easily.
Tools and Materials You Will Need:
- Cordless drill
- Wooden stakes
- Cable ties
- Wire mesh (or other sturdy material)
- Copper wire
- Laser pointer
- An old mobile phone
- Begin by creating a series of wooden stakes around the perimeter of your home or camp. Make sure to place them far enough away from the walls to ensure they are detected if anyone tries to climb over.
- Connect the stakes together by wrapping copper wire around them. Make sure there are no gaps so that the perimeter is completely enclosed.
- Secure the wire mesh onto the stakes using cable ties to ensure it is firmly held in place.
- Attach the laser pointer to the top of a stake. Aim the laser at a wall or window inside the home or camp.
- Finally, take an old mobile phone and configure it to detect when the laser is broken and send an alert to your phone.
By following the steps above, you can easily create your own DIY perimeter alarm to protect your home or camp. Not only is this a cost-effective way to ensure security, it also gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you created something yourself.
Leave a Reply