DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
We all worry about how to protect our home and campsite from intruders. But why pay thousands of dollars to install a complex alarm system when you can make your own DIY Perimeter Alarm? This alarm is an easy, affordable, and effective way to help keep your property, family, and belongings safe.
Making your own perimeter alarm is as easy as gathering some supplies, laying out the circuit, and attaching it to something. Here is what you need to make your own DIY Perimeter Alarm:
- Two LEDs – one red and one green
- A BC557 Transistor
- A 10K Ohm Resistor
- A 9V Battery
- A Switch
- Wire Strippers
- Glue or Tape
Once you have all the required items, you can begin to assemble your DIY Perimeter Alarm. Here are the steps on how to assemble the Perimeter Alarm:
- Attach the LEDs on the breadboard in which the longer leg should be connected to the positive side on the board and the shorter leg to the negative side.
- Attach the BC557 transistor to the breadboard and connect the wire to the negative side.
- Connect the resistor to the breadboard, at the negative side and attach it to the base terminal of the transistor.
- Attach a 9V battery clip to the breadboard, at the negative side and connect it to the collector terminal of the transistor.
- Connect a switch to the breadboard, at the positive side and connect it to the emitter terminal of the transistor.
- Connect the 9V battery clip to the switch, at the positive side.
- Attach a wire to the switch and position it outside the perimeter of the area you wish to protect, providing the alarm will be effective when the wire is breached.
- Turn on the switch and the alarm is now all set.
When a breach is detected, the green LED will light up. It is as simple as that! These DIY Perimeter Alarms are perfect for those who are on a tight budget and still want to protect their home or campsite.
So, what are you waiting for? Protect your home and campsite with this economical and dependable DIY Perimeter Alarm!