DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
Protecting your home or camp from intruders can seem like a daunting task. Installing a professional security system can be very expensive, and doesn’t guarantee complete protection. But with a few affordable materials, you can build your own simple but effective perimeter alarm.
- 3-5 rolls of aluminum foil
- Large flagging tape
- A few wooden stakes
- Optional- Siren or alarm system
- Use the flagging tape to string the perimeter around the home or camp area. Make sure to line the perimeter as far as you want the alarm to reach.
- Secure the flagging tape to the ground using the wooden stakes every six feet or so.
- Stretch out the aluminum foil along the flagging tape, leaving some slack in the foil.
- Attach an alarm or siren system to the flagging tape, or select a location outside the perimeter that will alert you if the flagging tape is disturbed.
- Test the system. Walk around the perimeter and make sure the foil is set up properly. If the alarm activates when it shouldn’t, adjust the slack in the foil to create more secure connections.
That’s it! Following these simple steps will give you an effective security system to protect your home or camp from intruders. It’s an affordable and easy DIY project that you can build over a weekend. Make sure to check on the perimeter alarm every few weeks to make sure everything is in working order.