DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
For many of us, our homes are the most important thing we own. That’s why it’s important to make sure that they’re as safe and secure as possible. One way you can do that is by building a DIY perimeter alarm to help protect your home and camp. A perimeter alarm is a device that will alert you if someone is near or enters your property.
What You Will Need
- Wireless door and window contacts
- Motion detectors
- Tape measure
- Remote control
- Signal booster
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin by choosing a place to mount your alarm equipment. Make sure it’s in an area that’s out of reach of potential intruders.
- Using the tape measure, measure the perimeter of the area that you want to guard.
- Next, mount the door and window contacts at each point, using the drill and screwdriver.
- Once the contacts are securely in place, connect the motion detectors around the perimeter.
- To make sure the motion detectors are working properly, install a signal booster in the area.
- Finally, attach a remote control to the system to allow you to easily deactivate and reactivate your alarm from anywhere.
- When installing your DIY perimeter alarm, make sure that you check all of your equipment regularly and test the alarm occasionally to make sure it’s working properly.
- When using a remote control to activate and deactivate the alarm, make sure you keep the device in a secure location so it can’t be stolen.
- Also make sure that you change the codes for the alarm on a regular basis to ensure that intruders won’t be able to disarm it.
Building a DIY perimeter alarm to guard your home or camp is an easy and effective way to ensure that your valuables and family are kept safe. With a little preparation and the right equipment, you can start building your own perimeter alarm today!