Best Tent Stove Options For Warm Winter Campsite Review and Buying Guide
When the snow comes, camping in a tent doesn’t have to go away. With the right tent stove, you can still have a warm and enjoyable outdoor experience with friends and family.
The best tent stoves provide adequate heat to keep the tent warm and comfortable in cold weather and will be energy efficient, easy to use, and lightweight. Before you buy a tent stove, make sure it is designed for Indoor use as these will be much safer than outdoor only stoves.
In this guide, we will review some of the best tent stove options for winter camping and give you some helpful tips on how to choose the right stove for you.
Best Tent Stove Options For Winter Camping
1. Camp Chef Alpine Heavy Duty Cylinder Stove – This amazing stove provides a whopping 30,000 BTU’s of heat so you can enjoy a cozy and comfortable campsite. It comes equipped with two adjustable burners and an adjustable heat regulator so you can easily control the temperature. The Alpine Heavy Duty Cylinder Stove also includes a durable nickel-plated cooking grate and an easy-to-clean ash tray and is designed for use with a 25-pound propane tank.
2. Coleman Expedition Propane Tent Stove – This is one of the most popular tent stoves available and is designed for quick set up and use. It includes a wind baffle for maximum heat efficiency and two adjustable burners. It’s also equipped with a fully adjustable heat regulator and two adjustable legs for extra stability.
3. Camp Chef Mountain Series Camp Stove – This sturdy and reliable stove is made from heavy duty steel and designed for the toughest camp conditions. It includes a collapsible 3-sided windscreen and two adjustable burners with a fully adjustable heat regulator. It’s perfect for making delicious camp meals and has an extra large cooking surface.
4. Mr. Heater Big Buddy Tent Heater – This is a great option for those looking for a safe and efficient tent heater. The Big Buddy uses a special low oxygen sensor and automatically shuts off during a power outage. It also features an adjustable heat output and an adjustable thermostat for maximum comfort and efficiency.
Tips For Choosing the Right Tent Stove for Winter Camping
- Choose a stove that’s safe to use in tents: Be sure to buy a stove that is designed for Indoor use and offers enhanced safety features.
- Pay attention to BTU ratings: Look for a stove that has a higher BTU rating so you can be assured that it will keep your tent warm and toasty in the cold temperatures.
- Look for adjustable features: Look for a stove with adjustable heat output and temperature control so you can easily regulate the temperature inside your tent.
- Buy one that is easy to use: Make sure that the stove you choose is easy to set up, use, and clean.
- Buy one that is lightweight and portable: Look for a stove that is lightweight and easy to carry so you don’t have to lug around a heavy stove when traveling from campsite to campsite.
No matter what your winter camping plans are, having a tent stove will make camping outdoors much more enjoyable. Make sure to read our review and buying tips above and choose the best option for you.