Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
As spring/summer approaches, you may find yourself dealing with pesky mosquitoes that appear to have invaded your home and/or outdoor living spaces! Don’t worry, we are here with a comprehensive guide and review of the best mosquito traps on the market to help you rid of these tiny yet annoying pests.
Mosquito traps work by either killing the bugs with powerful Insect Growth Regulators or attracting and trapping them with bait. Below we review some of the top mosquito traps that can be used both indoor and outdoor. We also provide buying tips so you can make an informed purchase.
Types of Mosquito Traps
- Electric Traps: These traps use a powerful electric fan to suck in mosquitoes, which are then dropped into a collection bag for easy disposal.
- Co2 Traps: These traps use carbon dioxide to mimic human breath and lure the mosquitoes into the trap.
- Light Traps: These traps are designed to attract mosquitoes using a fluorescent light. This type is often used in outdoor areas.
- Bait Traps: Bait traps are one of the most effective traps for both indoor and outdoor use. They contain a bait, such as sugar water or food scraps, which attract the mosquitoes. The bait is then mixed with an insecticide that kills the bugs.
Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor and Outdoor Use
1. DynaTrap DT1000 Insect & Mosquito Trap
If you’re looking for an effective indoor mosquito trap, the DynaTrap DT1000 is one of the best on the market. It uses UV light, an octenol bait, and a vacuum fan to draw in and trap mosquitoes. It’s also relatively quiet and easy to set up.
2. Flowtron BK-80D Electronic Insect Killer
For an outdoor mosquito trap, the Flowtron BK-80D is an effective choice. It uses a powerful electric fan to attract and trap insects from up to an acre in size. The insect corpses are then dropped into a collection bag for easy removal.
3. Rescue Non-Toxic Hose End Sprayer
The Rescue Non-Toxic Hose End Sprayer is a versatile mosquito trap that can be used both indoors and outdoors. It uses a combination of perfume-like attractant and a subtle light to lure insects to the trap. The bugs are then killed with an insect-growth regulator and collected in a tray below the trap.
Tips for Buying Mosquito Traps
- Decide between electric, CO2, light, or bait traps according to your needs.
- Read customer reviews to make sure the trap works as advertised.
- Make sure the trap is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, if desired.
- Consult with a local pest control company for professional advice.
We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you find the best mosquito trap for both indoor and outdoor use. We wish you the best of luck in eliminating those pesky mosquitoes!