The Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Reviews and Buying Guide
Summertime means mosquito season, and that means it’s time to start thinking about getting a mosquito trap! Mosquito traps are essential tools for keeping your outdoor space mosquito-free. Whether you’re looking for an indoor or outdoor solution, the right mosquito trap will do the job without requiring dangerous chemicals or sprays. In this article, we’ll provide a comprehensive review of the best mosquito traps and give you a buying guide to help you choose the right one for your needs. Keep reading to learn more.
What are Mosquito Traps?
Mosquito traps are devices designed to lure and trap mosquitoes, often using pesticide-free methods. Traps typically involve an attractant that draws mosquitoes in, followed by a trapping method such as a sticky surface, fan, or net. Once the mosquitoes are trapped, they die and are removed from the area.
Indoor Mosquito Traps
When deciding on an indoor mosquito trap, you should consider the type of insect you want to trap, the size of the area you want to cover, and whether you want something that’s easy to set up. You can also choose between traps that run on batteries, electricity, or scented attractants. These are a few of the most popular indoor mosquito traps:
- Flies-No-More Mosquito Trap: This trap covers up to 1,200 square feet and uses a fan, fluorescent light, and carbon dioxide to attract mosquitoes within seconds. It’s powered by electricity and comes with a large number of replacement parts.
- Skeeter Beater: This trap runs on batteries and uses a strong scent (referred to as “Sheep’s Blood”) to attract mosquitoes. It has a wide coverage area and is easy to set up.
- Mosquito Magnet: This set-and-forget trap runs on propane and uses a combination of heat, carbon dioxide, and octenol to draw mosquitoes to the trap. It’s an effective solution for large areas.
Outdoor Mosquito Traps
When it comes to outdoor traps, you’ll want to consider the size of your outdoor living space and whether the trap is designed to work day or night. Outdoor mosquito traps tend to be a bit more expensive than indoor traps and should be able to withstand tough weather conditions. There are several types of outdoor mosquito traps available, including:
- Bugzilla Trap: This electric trap uses heat and light to draw mosquitoes in and traps them with an electrocuting grid. It has a large coverage area and can be used both day and night.
- Eco Defense Mosquito Trap: This solar-powered trap uses a combination of heat and light plus a strong scent to lure mosquitoes in. The scent is released in short bursts during the day and night to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Thermacell Mosquito Repellent: This rechargeable trap is designed to provide a repellent scent that keeps mosquitoes away. It’s easy to set up and provides a large coverage area.
When it comes to buying a mosquito trap, there are several factors you should consider. Here are some things to look for when choosing a mosquito trap:
- Size of Coverage Area: Make sure the trap will be able to cover the size of the area you need. For large outdoor areas, a larger trap may be necessary.
- Type of Attractant: Different traps use different types of attractants to draw mosquitoes in. This could range from carbon dioxide to an electric fan, to a scent.
- Power Source: Many traps are powered by either electricity or battery. Some, such as the Mosquito Magnet, use propane.
- Easy Setup: The trap should be easy to install and require minimal maintenance.
Mosquito traps are an effective way to keep your indoor and outdoor living spaces free from annoying and potentially dangerous pests. With the right information, you can choose the right mosquitos trap for your needs. We hope our reviews and buying guide have helped you make an informed decision!