Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor & Outdoor – Review & Buying Guide
Summertime brings with it pesky mosquitoes in both indoor and outdoor environments. The annoying bites and buzzing sound of these pests can put a damper on any activity –be it at home, on a picnic, or just enjoying the outdoors. To reduce this nuisance, a mosquito trap can be a great solution. Read on to learn more about the best mosquito traps to protect your family and pets from mosquitoes.
Features to Look for in a Mosquito Trap
Understanding the features of a mosquito trap is important for making an informed purchase decision. Here are some of the important features to consider:
- Type of Trap and Insect Attractant: There are two main types of traps, active and passive. Active traps create an energy source (such as heat or light) to attract insects, while passive traps rely on an attractant of some sort. Depending on the type of trap, different attractants may be used, such as carbon dioxide, propane gas, or natural materials like water, sugar, and yeast.
- Coverage Area: Consider the size of your outdoor/indoor area when selecting a mosquito trap. Many traps will state the coverage area they provide, or the number of square feet they will treat.
- Type of Insects: Some traps can be used to only trap mosquitoes, while others may be able to target a wide variety of insects including wasps, gnats, and fruit flies.
- Power Source: Different traps will require different power sources, such as electricity, batteries, or propane. If opting for a battery-operated trap, make sure to buy spare batteries as some traps may require frequent replacements.
- Portability: If you need to move your trap to different areas of your home or yard, then a lightweight and portable model may be a good choice.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements for the trap. Some mosquitos traps require frequent cleaning and replacing of cartridges, while others can be used for several months without maintenance.
What are the Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor & Outdoor?
Choosing the best mosquito trap for your indoor or outdoor space can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here are some of the best mosquito traps on the market:
1. DynaTrap DT1050 Decora Insect Trap
- Ideal for indoor & outdoor use
- Attracts & captures mosquitoes without propane or open flame
- Uses a powerful UV light and specifically engineered titanium dioxide expelling carbon dioxide to lure in insects
- Comes equipped with a 6 foot cord for easy setup
- Will cover up to 1/2 acre of space
- Lightweight and easy to move
2. Flowtron BK-40D 1-Acre Mosquito Killer
- Provides up to 1 acre of coverage
- Uses a black light and suction fan to attract and trap mosquitoes
- Low maintenance and easy to use
- Comes with two extra bulbs
- Weatherproof and can be used indoors and outdoors
3. RESCUE! Non-Toxic Disposable Mosquito Traps
- Offers coverage up to 1/2 acre
- Uses a patented lure and scientifically engineered adhesive trap to attract mosquitoes
- No electricity needed as it is fueled by propane
- Non-toxic and chemical-free
- Disposable, which means no cleanup or maintenance
Protecting your family and pets from pesky mosquitoes doesn’t have to be a hassle. Mosquito traps can be a great solution to reduce the number of these pests in both indoor and outdoor areas. With the right trap, you and your family can enjoy the summertime in peace and comfort. We hope this buying guide has helped clarify the important features to consider when purchasing a mosquito trap.