Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Nothing can ruin outdoor and indoor fun like mosquitoes and flying bugs. But only when your outdoor space – patio, outdoor screen house, porch or yard – and indoor space – kitchen, dining area or any other room – are free of pesky mosquito infestations, you will be able to sit out in the evenings, or have meals or breakfast with your friends and family. So, to protect your outdoor and indoor spaces from infested mosquitoes, you must have an effective mosquito trap in place.
That’s why, we have created the ultimate guide for the best mosquito traps for indoor and outdoor use. Here, you will find reviews on the top mosquito traps to help you choose the right one, and a buying guide to ensure you get the best value for money.
Types of Mosquito Traps
Before we review the best mosquito traps available, let’s take a look at the types of traps available. Generally, mosquito traps are of three main types:
- Mechanical Traps: These traps are also called mosquito zappers, and use electricity to attract, capture and kill mosquitoes.
- Chemical Traps: These traps rely on chemical compounds such as carbon dioxide, propane, octenol, lures and other derivatives to attract and kill mosquitoes.
- Biological Traps: These traps use bacteria or viruses to reduce mosquito population, as well as attract and kill mosquitoes.
Best Mosquito Traps for Your Home
Now that you know the different types of mosquito traps available, let’s have a look at the top mosquito traps to keep your home free from mosquitoes and pests.
Stinger Cordless Insect Zapper
An extremely effective and durable insect and mosquito zapper, the stinger cordless insect zapper has been designed to repel and lure mosquitoes, flies, moths, and wasps. It is quite easy to use, and the zapper, which runs on a rechargeable battery, emits light to attract the mosquites, and kills them on contact with an electric shock. It also features a safety grid to prevent direct contact with with the user. It also has an adjustable height to reach any wall or ceiling, and a free-standing design which allows it to be placed anywhere in the area, while the cordless design prevents any cable tangles. All these features specific design features make it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
This is one of the most effective mosquito traps on the market, and perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. It has a carbon-dioxide and UV light emitting bulb which lures and kills mosquitoes and other flying insects in a one-acre area. It is also quite large and has a water-proof and weather-resistant design, which means that you can hang it permanently on an outside wall or in your balcony and it will remain dry and safe from rain. The Flowtron also has an easy-access lamp that can be changed without any difficulty.
Victor Smart-Kill Wi-Fi Rat Trap
This is a new, ingenious trap that is perfect for those of us who don’t have the time to check our traps every day. The Wi-Fi Smart-Kill Rat Trap comes with a built-in camera and a powerful connection which detects when a rat is inside the trap, and sends you an alert to your phone or email. It also allows you to easily monitor, bait, and dispose of mice and rats without having to open the trap, making it perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Moreover, it is battery-powered, and has a motion sensor and smart alerts, so you know when there is a rat in the trap.
Once you’ve reviewed the different types of mosquito traps, and the best ones available on the market, it’s time to make the right purchase. Here are a few factors to consider when buying a mosquito trap:
- Size of Area: First, you need to consider how large of an area you want to protect. Do you want to cover your patio, deck, or yard? Or just a single room in your house? The size of the area you want to cover will help you decide the size of the trap and how many traps you need.
- Cost: One of the most important factors to consider when buying a trap is the cost. There are several traps available from very cheap to quite expensive, so you should check the cost and compare it to the effectiveness of the trap.
- Type: As discussed earlier, there are three main types of traps – mechanical, chemical, and biological. You should consider which type of trap would work best in your situation and select the one that fits your requirements.
- Safety: If you have children or pets in your home, you need to make sure to choose a trap that is safe to use. Some traps use electricity and can be dangerous for curious kids or pets, so make sure to choose a trap that has safety features.
By considering the factors mentioned above, you will be able to pick the best mosquito trap for your home. So, now that you know which traps are the best, and how to buy one, you can rest assured that your outdoor and indoor spaces will be safe from pesky mosquitoes and other flying pests.