Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests which can ruin any outdoor event, back yard get-together, or summer night sleep. Although most of us treat them as a harmless nuisance, mosquitoes can actually be quite dangerous as they can carry serious diseases, such as malaria, Zika virus, and West Nile virus. Everyone hates them, and everyone wants get rid of mosquitoes. One of the most effective means to do that is by using mosquito traps.
Mosquito traps can provide relief and help to reduce the population of annoying pests around your home and outdoor living spaces. By trapping them, you create a protective zone around your outdoor space or house. The traps usually achieve this by imitating human scent and releasing attractants, such as carbon dioxide or heat, luring mosquitoes in. They are widely used to protect homes from these pests, and their effectiveness can be attributed to their ability to target specific insect species and capture them before they even land.
The decision of whether or not to use a mosquito trap may not be an easy one. There are a wide range of models available with varying features. To help you with the decision making process, we have put together a review of the best mosquito traps in the market. We have included both indoor and outdoor models, along with a buying guide to help you choose the best option for your needs.
Indoor Mosquito Traps
Indoor mosquito traps are specifically designed to be placed inside your home and, as the name suggests, will help to effectively reduce the number of mosquitoes within your living space. Most indoor mosquito traps do not require insecticides, and they are designed to be used within the safety of a residence.
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer: The Flowtron BK-15D is a popular indoor mosquito trap. Unlike other models, it has a trap area of 1/2 acre, which can cover a large space. It uses light and ultraviolet rays to attract mosquitoes, flies, and other insects. It also has a low energy consumption and a weatherproof construction which makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Baden Pest Control Elecoronictrap: This mosquito trap is ideal for indoor use. It uses an advanced UV light to attract mosquitoes then a powerful fan to suck them in. The trap is non-toxic and made of chemical-free materials, and it has a long-lasting battery life. It also offers one of the highest mosquito catching rates.
- Inesun Solar Powered Mosquito Killer Lamp: This mosquito trap uses phototaxis, bait, and trapping technologies to attract and kill mosquitoes. It has a wide coverage range of 400 square meters. It is solar-powered and emits no chemicals, making it eco-friendly and safe to use indoors.
Outdoor Mosquito Traps
Outdoor mosquito traps are specifically designed to be placed in outdoor areas, such as gardens and back yards. They contain insecticides, and they are effective in large areas. Before buying a mosquito trap for outdoor use, make sure it is allowed in your municipality.
- Dynatrap DT2000XL Insect Trap: This mosquito trap has a large coverage area of up to 1/2 acre. It contains an insecticide-free Ultraviolet light and natural CO2 which are extremely effective for attracting and trapping mosquitoes, as well as other flying insects. It also contains a triple fan suction system and a long-lasting battery life.
- Insect Fly Trap Pro: This mosquito trap has a large coverage area of up to half an acre. It is ideal for outdoor environments and it uses both heat and ultraviolet light to attract mosquitoes. It contains a fan to pull the pests into the trap. This model is one of the most effective traps and is easy to use and maintain.
- Pest West Insect Killer: This outdoor mosquito trap uses bait and light to attract mosquitoes, and a powerful fan to suck them in. It is easy to use and maintain, and has a long-lasting battery life. The trap contains an insecticide, and it is rain resistant.
When buying a mosquito trap, there are various factors which you should consider. Here are the most important:
- Coverage Area: The coverage area of a mosquito trap is one of the most important factors to consider. If you are looking for a trap for indoor use, it is usually enough to cover several rooms. For outdoor use, the coverage area should be large enough to cover your whole backyard or garden.
- Attractants: Mosquito traps usually use heat, light, and/or carbon dioxide as attractants. Depending on your needs, you should choose a trap which uses the most effective attractants.
- Ease of Use: Mosquito traps should be easy to set up and use. Look for a model which comes with easy-to-follow instructions and no complicated setup.
- Safety: Make sure to choose a trap which is safe to use around your house and family. If you have children and pets, make sure to look for traps with non-toxic insecticides.
By choosing the correct mosquito trap, you can effectively reduce the population of annoying pests around your home. This review and buying guide should help you find the best mosquito trap for your needs.