The Best Mosquito Trap For Indoor & Outdoor – A Comprehensive Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests in existence. If you have experienced the relentless biting, itching, and discomfort that comes along with a mosquito bite, you know just how important it can be to rid your space of these pesky bugs. The good news is that there is a method that can help you get rid of mosquitoes—setting up a mosquito trap. Mosquito traps work by attracting mosquitoes and trapping them so they can’t bite you or your family. But with so many different models available, it can be difficult to know which one to choose. To help you out, we’ve compiled a comprehensive review and buying guide on the best mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use.
The Top 8 Best Mosquito Traps 2020
Before we get into the details of the buying guide, let’s take a look at our top picks for the best mosquito traps for 2020.
- Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer – This insect killer is a great pick for outdoor use, as it contains a large 40-watt ultraviolet bulb that effectively attracts and zaps mosquitoes. In addition, it has a ½-acre coverage area and features an advanced non-clogging killing grid.
- Victo Electric Insect Zapper – This one is a great pick if you need an indoor solution. It is powered by a 4500-volt grid and is capable of trapping and killing even the smallest of mosquitoes. It also comes with a built-in light for night use.
- Mega-Catch ULTRA Mosquito Trap – This trap uses a combination of carbon dioxide and heat to lure in mosquitoes and is effective at trapping and killing mosquitoes as small as 1 millimeter.
- Nocqua Mosquito Trap – This trap is perfect for areas where electricity is not available. It is powered by two D-cell batteries and uses a fan-assisted suction to draw in mosquitoes. It is also equipped with a powerful UV light.
- Thermacell Mosquito Repellent System – This system uses a heat-activated fan to draw in mosquitoes and then kill them with a burst of heat. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a non-toxic option.
- Stinger Bug Zapper – This zapper uses a powerful ultraviolet light to draw in mosquitoes. It also features a durable, weather-resistant design that makes it perfect for outdoor use.
- Thermacell Pro Insect Repellent – This model uses a combination of heat, light, and carbon dioxide to lure in mosquitoes. It is perfect for outdoor use and is capable of covering up to 500 square feet.
- Dynazap Extendable Insect Zapper – This zapper is a great pick if you need something for indoor use. It has an extendable design that lets you adjust the range and it is effective at killing mosquitoes as small as 1 millimeter.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Mosquito Trap
Before purchasing a mosquito trap, there are a few factors that you should take into consideration, such as:
- Coverage Area: The coverage area of the trap is an important consideration. Make sure you buy a trap that covers the entire area where you want to protect. This will ensure that all of the mosquitoes in the area are eliminated.
- Power Source: It is important to make sure that the mosquito trap you buy is powered by the type of energy source that you have. Some traps require electricity while others are powered by batteries or other sources.
- Size: Mosquito traps come in a variety of sizes, from small indoor traps to large outdoor traps. Make sure you get one that is the right size for your needs.
- Type of Trap: There are several types of mosquito traps, such as traps that use heat, traps that use ultraviolet light, or traps that use a combination of both. Make sure you choose one that is effective at attracting and killing mosquitoes.
- Price: The final factor to consider is the price. Some traps can be quite expensive, so make sure you compare prices and get one that is within your budget.
Mosquito traps are an effective way to rid your space of annoying mosquitoes. Hopefully, this review and buying guide have helped you find the best mosquito trap for your needs. So stop suffering from mosquito bites and get a mosquito trap today. You’ll be glad you did.