Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes are annoying, and they can also be dangerous as they transmit diseases. A mosquito trap is a preferred way to naturally get rid of them. This guide provides a review of some of the best traps available for both indoor and outdoor use. We’ll also provide a buying guide to help you make the best purchase.
Best Indoor Mosquito Traps
These traps are designed for use in your home or apartment and provide an effective and safe way to decrease the number of mosquitoes inside. Here are our top three picks for indoor traps.
- dynaTrap DT150 Ultralight Insect and Mosquito Trap: This trap attracts mosquitoes with LED lights and sucks them in with its powerful fan. It covers up to 600 square feet and can easily be hung from a ceiling or set on the floor. It is also relatively quiet and requires no additional pesticide refills.
- Flowtron BK-80D Electronic Insect Killer: This trap also makes use of glowing LED lights to attract mosquitoes as well as other kinds of insects. The electric grid zaps them on contact. It has a very wide coverage area of up to 1/2 acres and requires no additional maintenance. It is also safe to use around humans and pets.
- Aspectek Upgraded Indoor Bug Zapper: This bug zapper uses two UV lamps and a powerful fan to attract and kill mosquitoes. It is designed for areas up to 525 square feet and runs quietly and efficiently. It is also very easy to use and contains no harmful chemicals.
Best Outdoor Mosquito Traps
Outdoor mosquito traps can help decrease the number of buzzing critters in an area of up to 1 acre in size. These traps are also designed to be used safely around humans and pets. Here are our top three picks for outdoor traps.
- Vector Plasma One Mosquito Trap: This trap is designed to cover an area of up to 1 acre. It uses a proprietary blend of CO2, heat, and moisture to simulate human breath, creating a natural way to attract and trap mosquitos. It also comes with an easy to use remote control and can be adjusted for different times of the day.
- Mosquito Magnet X-Plode Trap: This trap uses a combination of powerful fans, octenol, and carbon dioxide to attract and capture mosquitoes. It has a large coverage area of up to 1/2 acre and requires no additional maintenance. It is a little noisy, but it is very effective.
- Thermacell MR300 Portable Mosquito Repeller Plus: This repeller uses a combination of butane and a proprietary blend of repellent to create a zone of protection from mosquitoes. It has a coverage area of up to 230 square feet and produces no noise or smoke. It is also easy to use and is safe for people and pets.
When shopping for a mosquito trap, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the size of the area that you need to cover. If you need to cover a large area, then you’ll want to look for a trap that can cover the area with a single device. Second, consider the type of trap you want to purchase. Do you want a UV light trap, an electric grid trap, or a repellent trap? Different types of traps offer different levels of effectiveness, so be sure to research each type before making a purchase.
Finally, consider the cost of the trap. While a more expensive trap may be more effective, there are some cheaper options that also work well. Consider the features of the trap and read reviews to get the best value for your money.
The right mosquito trap can provide you with a natural way to reduce the number of mosquitoes in your area. We hope this review and buying guide helps you find the best mosquito trap for your needs.