Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes can be annoying, particularly when they’re buzzing around your home or outdoor area. Among the various tried and true methods of getting rid of those pesky bloodsuckers, the mosquito trap is one of the most effective. Whether you prefer an indoor or outdoor solution, a quality mosquito trap can help keep your environment free of airborne pests.
If you’re in the market for a reliable mosquito trap, our review and buying guide will help you narrow down your choices and get the best trap for your needs. We’ll help you pick the right type of trap for indoor or outdoor use, give you some buying tips, and review five of our favorite mosquito traps. Let’s dive in!
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are two main types of mosquito traps to consider when shopping:
- Indoor Traps: These traps are designed to be used inside your home or in an enclosed space like a patio or garage. They typically use electric heating to attract mosquitos and then capture them with a fan or net.
- Outdoor Traps: These traps are designed to be used in an open area like a backyard or garden. Most outdoor traps use bait or attractants to draw mosquitos in, and then capture them in a net or catch container.
Depending on your particular needs, both types of traps can effectively reduce the mosquito population in your area.
What to Look For When Buying a Mosquito Trap
When shopping for a mosquito trap, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Size: Make sure the trap is big enough to accommodate your needs. For indoor use, you’ll want a compact size that fits in your home. For outdoor use, you’ll want a larger size model that can cover a larger area.
- Power Source: Consider the type of power source needed to operate the trap. Some models require AC adapters, while others use batteries.
- Effectiveness: Look for traps that are proven effective and come with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Price: Make sure you get the most value for your money. Compare prices and features of different traps to decide which one is right for you.
5 Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor & Outdoor Use
Now that you know what to look for in a mosquito trap, here are five of our top picks for indoor and outdoor use:
1. Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Mosquito Trap
The Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Mosquito Trap is designed for outdoor use and can cover an area up to 1 acre. It uses a unique combination of ultraviolet light, attractants, and an electrically charged grid to draw in mosquitos and efficiently trap them. This model is easy to set up and use, and it is highly effective and long-lasting.
2. DynaTrap DT1260 Insect Trap
The DynaTrap DT1260 Insect Trap is designed for outdoor use and can cover an area up to 1/2 acre. It uses a combination of UV light, a replaceable carbon dioxide cartridge, and a fan to attract and capture mosquitos. This model is easy to install and use, and it runs silently.
3. PIC Mosquito Trap
The PIC Mosquito Trap is designed for indoor use and can cover an area up to 400 square feet. It uses an electrically heated coil, a powerful fan, and an odorless attractant to draw in mosquitoes and capture them. This model is quiet and effective, and it requires no chemicals or complicated setup.
4. Koolatron MK05 Mosquito Trap
The Koolatron MK05 Mosquito Trap is designed for outdoor use and can cover an area up to 1/2 acre. It uses a combination of UV light, a CO2 canister, and a fan to attract and capture mosquitos. This model is easy to install and use, and it runs silently.
5. Mosquito Magnet MMT105X Mosquito Trap
The Mosquito Magnet MMT105X Mosquito Trap is designed for outdoor use and can cover an area up to 1/2 acre. It uses a powerful fan, UV light, and a replaceable attractant cartridge to draw in and capture mosquitos. This model is highly effective and easy to install and use.
When shopping for the best mosquito trap for indoor or outdoor use, our review and buying guide should help you narrow down your choices and get the best trap for your needs. You’ll want to consider the size, power source, effectiveness, and price of the trap before making a purchase. We’ve also reviewed five of our favorite mosquito traps so you can get started on your search right away!