Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor: Review and Buying Guide
Do you feel frustrated and annoyed by the constant buzzing of mosquitoes in your home or outdoor space? To solve the issue in an efficient manner, you should invest in a mosquito trap. A mosquito trap is an electronic device that is used to lure, trap, and kill the annoying and unpleasant mosquitoes. It works by releasing attractive smells and smells that would draw the mosquitoes to the device. This article will guide you in choosing the best mosquito trap for both indoor and outdoor use.
Types of Mosquito Traps
Mosquito traps are of various types so you have to choose the one based on the application:
- Outdoor traps: These traps work through the use of propane gas or electricity to capture mosquitoes from a large area. They have powerful fans that disperse the heated air filled with scents and attractants to draw the flying insects. These traps are usually suitable for yards and gardens.
- Indoor traps: These traps come in both electrical and propane options, but they provide more powerful suction to attract larger numbers of insects inside the house. They are appropriate for indoor living spaces.
- Ultrasonic mosquitos traps: This type releases a special ultrasonic wave that can make mosquitoes locate the trap and eventually get destroyed. These traps are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mosquito Trap
There are few factors that should be kept in mind while choosing a mosquito trap. Let’s discuss those points below.
- Size: Depending on the size of the area to be covered, you should choose the right size of the trap. The size should be so that it can easily be moved or shifted.
- Power source: Choose traps that are specifically designed to work with the existing power source in your premise. The electricity operated traps must be installed by a professional. Mosquito traps that do not require a power source are often portable.
- The trap type: Consider what type of trap will be best suited to your needs. Do you need an outdoor or an indoor trap? A propane powered or an electric one? Are you looking for an ultrasonic mosquito trap or a sticky trap? Choose the one that suits your specific requirement.
- The brand: Choose a good and trusted brand as it will provide you with quality products in the long run. Read product reviews to ensure you are getting the best quality mosquito trap.
Top 8 Mosquito Traps of 2021
1. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic – This electronic trap uses an octenol attractant for effective and efficient mosquito catching. It can cover an area of up to 1.2 acres and is good for both indoor and outdoor use. The device is designed with an easy to use and maintain system.
2. DynaTrap Insect and Mosquito Trap -This mosquito trap lures mosquitoes and other flying insects with UV light and propane. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and can cover an area up to 0.75 acres.
3. Solar powered mosquito trap -This trap is perfect for use in smaller yards or in your balcony. It uses solar powered UV light to attract mosquitoes and other flying insects. It can cover an area up to 200 sq. ft.
4. Outlite Mosquito Killer Lamp – This is an electric mosquito trap with UV light and built-in fan. It can attract and kill mosquitoes in an area of up to 300 sq. ft. It is perfect for indoor use, as it is silent and has low power consumption.
5. PestZilla Electronic Insect Killer – This is an electric bug zapper and mosquito trap with 4200V grids that can attract, trap and kill the mosquitoes in an area of up to 6,000 sq. ft. It is perfect for outdoor use.
6. SkeeterVac SV-10 Mosquito Trap – This powerful mosquito trap is powered by propane and uses the combination of carbon dioxide and Octenol lures to attract mosquitoes. It can be used for indoor and outdoor use and can cover an area up to 1 acre.
7. Hoont Cobra Outdoor and Indoor – This powerful and strong mosquito trap uses a high suction fan to attract and kill the mosquitoes in an area of up to 600 sq. ft. It comes with two pieces of replacement bulbs that can last up to 8000 hours.
8. Mosquito Magnet Patriot Plus – This mosquito trap is perfect for outdoor use as it comes with a powerful propane tank that can cover up to an acre of land. It is designed to attract, trap and kill the mosquitoes and other flying insects.
Mosquitoes are a common source of annoyance and distress. To get rid of them, you need to invest in a good mosquito trap. Choose the right type of trap for your indoor and outdoor needs based on power source, size, brand, and type. Also, make sure to go through the reviews to buy the best quality product. We have listed some of the top mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use. We hope this buying guide helps you to choose the best one for your needs.
Thank you for reading!