Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
If you’re looking for a way to protect yourself and your family from mosquito bites and other annoying insects, the best mosquito trap could be just what you need. Mosquito traps come in many forms, including standalone traps, traps connected to existing insecticides, and other mosquito traps that connect to electrical outlets. The right trap for you will depend on your needs and the size of the area you need to protect. We’ve put together this review and buying guide to help you make the best decision.
Types of Mosquito Traps
Whether you’re looking for a solution for the back yard or your living room, there are many types of traps available. Generally, mosquito traps can be classified as either standalone traps or electric traps:
- Standalone traps: These traps don’t require electricity, so they can be placed anywhere, even in hard-to-reach places. Several types are available, including those that attract mosquitoes with scents, light, or both. Some also use insecticides to eliminate mosquitoes, and others heat the environment to kill the insects.
- Electric traps: Electric traps work by emitting a high voltage current that kills mosquitoes on contact. Some electric traps also emit ultrasonic sound waves to scare away mosquitoes. Electric traps are more expensive and complex than standalone traps, but they tend to be more effective and longer-lasting.
Features to Consider When Buying a Mosquito Trap
Before you make a decision, here are some features to consider:
- Coverage area: Mosquito traps come in various sizes and offer different coverage areas. Make sure to get one that is adequate to cover your entire outdoor or indoor area.
- Cordless: Many electric traps come with a long cord, which can present a tripping hazard and be difficult to run outdoors. Choose a cordless option if possible.
- Noise level: Some traps emit ultrasonic sound waves, but those are usually too low for humans to hear. If noise is an issue for you, make sure to choose a quiet option.
- Cost: The cost of a mosquito trap can vary widely, depending on the features and size. It’s important to consider how often you plan to use the trap and the size of the area you plan to cover. A more expensive option may be worth it if it will save you money in the long run.
Our Top Picks for the Best Mosquito Traps
We’ve researched the market and come up with our top picks for the best mosquito traps. Here’s our list:
- Buggslayer Electric Indoor/Outdoor Mosquito Trap: The Buggslayer Electric Indoor/Outdoor Mosquito Trap is one of the most popular electric traps on the market. It uses a fan to draw in the insects and then an electric element to kill them on contact. This trap also features a hose connection, so you can hook it up to an insecticide for added effectiveness.
- Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent Lantern: The Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent Lantern emits a scent that repels mosquitoes. It’s portable and works both indoors and out. It also has a flickering candlelight effect to provide ambiance for outdoor gatherings. This is a great option if you’re looking for an aesthetic, yet effective, mosquito trap.
- BuggyBouncer Mosquito Trap: The BuggyBouncer Mosquito Trap emits light and a scent to attract insects and then traps them using a sticky film. This trap is effective both indoors and outdoors and is safe to use around children. The BuggyBouncer is a great choice for an all-in-one solution.
- Mosquito Magnet Defender Trap: The Mosquito Magnet Defender Trap uses a fan to draw in the insects and then releases a secure, pesticide-free grid of CO2 to trap and kill them. This trap is perfect for large areas, and it comes with an optional programmable timer for added convenience.
Choosing the right mosquito trap for you can be a difficult decision. We hope our review and buying guide have been helpful in helping you make your choice.