Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor: Review and Buying Guide
Are you tired of pesky mosquitoes buzzing around your home? Want to keep them away instead of using chemical insecticides? Mosquito traps offer one of the best long-term solutions when it comes to mosquito control. But with so many traps available, it may be hard to choose the best one for your needs.
In this article, we’ll go through the most important points when buying a mosquito trap, explain how they work, and review the top 10 models for both indoor and outdoor use.
What to Look for in a Mosquito Trap
- Technology: All mosquito traps work as “insect’s callers”. Green technology to control mosquitoes generally uses either heat, light, or both to attract insects. Also, some traps use CO2 to simulate human breath.
- Range: This is the maximum area a trap can cover. Most traps are designed to cover an area of around 6,000 sq. ft., but some are even more powerful.
- Efficiency: You should confirm how fast the trap will capture mosquitoes and other insects. Can it empty an area of mosquitoes in one day? Is it easy to maintain and clean?
- Noise: Some traps can be very loud, so make sure to check the user feedback before buying.
- Design: Many mosquito traps feature captivating designs besides the performance capabilities. Make sure to pick one that fits with your décor.
- Power: Some traps use batteries while others require an electric outlet.
How do Mosquito Traps Work?
Mosquito traps use heat, light sources, or both to lure the insects to their death. The heat may be generated by dry ice or a candle while the light traps usually rely on UV lights.
The traps are equipped with a funnel-like shape and a fan that creates an airflow which ensures that bugs fly in but can’t fly out. Thus, the pests eventually get sucked inside the trap where they die out of exhaustion.
Top 10 Best Mosquito Traps available for Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Hoont Outdoor Indoor Electronic Mosquito Killer and Bug Zapper
- Aspectek Electronic Insect Killer (20W)
- Ever Pest Mosquito Killer and Protection Trap
- Treager Pro Mosquito Trap
- Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer (1 acre coverage)
- PeopleGard Pro Mosquito Trap for Indoors and Outdoors
- Larq V-Traps Electric Mosquito Trap
- Mosquito Magnet Patriot Plus Trap
- Havasu HyperVolt Mosquito, Fly, and Bug Zapper
- Fentech Solar-Powered Outdoor Mosquito Killer
Mosquito traps can be an effective way to remove pesky mosquitoes without using chemical insecticides. Furthermore, you can find appropriate models for indoor or outdoor use. Therefore, make sure to consider the technical features, performance capability, and design of each trap before choosing the best one for your needs.