Best Kerosene Heater Indoor Review and Buying Guide
In the winter season, keeping your house warm can be a challenge. A kerosene heater can be a great solution if you want to stay warm without putting a dent in your electricity bill. It’s portable, efficient, and effective in keeping your home warm. Before you go on a hunt for the best kerosene heater for your home, read through our guide and make an informed decision.
Types of Kerosene Heaters
Firstly, you need to make sure that you’re buying the right type of kerosene heater for your needs. There are two basic types of kerosene heaters: convection and radiant.
Convection Heat: These are the bigger kerosene heaters that work best for larger rooms. They have a fan that circulates the warm air through the room. The advantage of convection heater is that they are better suited to heating larger areas quickly and are less likely to leave hot spots in one area of the room.
Radiant Heat: These kerosene heaters are smaller, which makes them a great option for smaller rooms or as supplemental heating for larger rooms. Radiant heaters use infrared heat to warm the objects in the room, which makes them slower to heat up the room but also slower to lose the heat.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Kerosene Heater
- Size: The size of the heater will depend on the size of your room and the amount of heat you need. Make sure to measure the dimensions of your room before you buy.
- Power Output: Look for the wattage of the kerosene heater so you know how much heat it can produce. This will help you determine the heater’s efficiency in heating up your room.
- Safety Features: Look for heaters with built-in safety features such as an auto-shutoff if the heater is left unattended or if it becomes too hot.
- Noise Level: Kerosene heaters can get quite noisy if they are not well maintained. Make sure to read reviews of the heater to get an idea of how loud it is.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: Larger fuel tank capacities can run for longer periods of time without needing to be refilled.
- Portability: Look for kerosene heaters that are lightweight and have an easy-to-carry handle. This will make it easy to move the heater from one room to another.
Best Kerosene Heaters
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to find the best kerosene heater to suit your needs. Here are some of the best models available.
- Dyna-Glo Delux WICK Kerosene Heater, 10,000BTU – This unit is a great choice for smaller rooms. It has an impressive 10,000BTU output and provides reliable heat, with a 1-gallon tank capacity that will last 6 to 8 hours.
- Mr. Heater Portable Kerosene Heater, 23,000BTU – This is an ideal choice for a larger room or as supplemental heating. It has a powerful 23,000BTU output and a 1.9-gallon tank that can run up to 11 hours on a full tank.
- Sengoku KeroHeat Convection Kerosene Heater, 23,000BTU – This powerful convection kerosene heater is perfect for larger rooms up to 1,000 square feet. It has an impressive 23,000BTU output and can run up to 14 hours on a full tank.
- World Marketing Kerosene Heater, 10,000BTU – This kerosene heater is both economical and efficient. It has a 10,000BTU output and a .7-gallon tank that can run up to 6 hours on a full tank.
Kerosene heaters are an efficient way to keep your home warm without breaking the bank. Take your time to decide on the best type and model of kerosene heater for your needs, and you’ll be toasty and warm in no time!