Best Hunting Rangefinder Review and Buying Guide
Whether you’re a bowhunter or target shooter, having a reliable hunting rangefinder can make or break your hunt. Being able to accurately determine distances and calculate shooting angles is critical for making humane hunting shots, and rangefinders are the way to ensure accuracy.
When it comes to selecting the right rangefinder for your needs, there are several factors to take into consideration. Here, we review the best hunting rangefinders on the market and provide a complete buying guide so you can find the best rangefinder for your needs.
Our Top Picks for the Best Hunting Rangefinders
- Bushnell Elite 1 Mile Conx Rangefinder
- Sig Sauer KILO 1200BDX
- Uberti REM 3500 Laser Rangefinder
- Vortex Optics Ranger 1000
Bushnell Elite 1 Mile Conx Rangefinder
Bushnell’s Elite 1 Mile Conx Rangefinder is one of the most advanced rangefinders on the market. This high-tech unit offers reliable scanning capabilities, which allow you to quickly and accurately measure distances with vertical distances, height, angle of incline and much more. This model also offers integrated Bluetooth capabilities, allowing you to wirelessly connect to compatible devices like smartphones and tablets for even more features.
Sig Sauer KILO 1200BDX
The KILO 1200 BDX is Sig Sauer’s top of the line rangefinder. Offering a maximum range of 1200 yards, along with advanced target acquisition features like the built-in BDX Ballistic Data ExchangeTechnology, you can rest assured that you’ll have accurate range readings every time you take aim. The LED display also provides a bright, clear image even in low light conditions.
Uberti REM 3500 Laser Rangefinder
The Uberti REM 3500 Laser Rangefinder is a great value pick for hunter’s looking to save some money. This model offers a maximum range of 300 yards, a 6x magnification, and an illuminated LCD display for visibility in both bright and low light conditions. It also includes an auto-shutoff feature, a laser pointer, and easy-to-use one-button operation.
Vortex Optics Ranger 1000
The Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 offers top-notch performance plus compact design and lugability at a great price. This rangefinder features a 1000-yard range, 6x magnification, and a convenient OLED display for fast target acquisition and reliable reads. It also includes several advanced features such as vibration mode and angle compensation technology.
What to Look For When Buying a Hunting Rangefinder
- Maximum Range: The maximum range of any rangefinder is an important consideration. Most hunting rangefinders offer a maximum range of at least 1000 yards.
- Precision: The precision of a rangefinder is important for ensuring the most accurate readings. Look for rangefinders with a precision of at least ± 0.3 yards.
- Display: The type of display on a rangefinder is another important consideration. Look for rangefinders with a bright OLED display for quick target acquisition and reliable reads.
- Features: Many rangefinders offer advanced features such as angle compensation technology and vibration mode. Consider which features are important to you before making your purchase.
With so many rangefinders on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is the best for your needs. We’ve outlined some of the best rangefinders available, as well as a few factors to consider when you’re shopping around. With this information in hand, you’re sure to find the perfect rangefinder for your next hunting trip.