Best Biometric Gun Safe Review and Buying Guide
If you own a gun and want to safely store it without having to hassle with separate key locks and combinations, a biometric gun safe is your best choice. These gun safes use biometric (fingerprint) technology to not only keep your gun secure, but also give you immediate access to it in the event of an emergency.
In this guide, we’ll go over the features you should look for when selecting a biometric gun safe, as well as reviews of the best on the market today. We’ll also provide a buying guide to help you determine which type is right for you.
Features To Look For In A Biometric Gun Safe
- Accessibility: Look for one that offers both fast access to the gun and easy locking capabilities.
- Durability: The safe should be able to withstand impacts, abuse or tampering.
- Security: Look for one with an alarm system and strong pry-resistant construction.
- Size: Make sure it’s large enough to fit your gun and accessories, but small enough to fit in the desired location.
Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
Stack-On PSB-16 Portable Biometric Lock Box – Affordable, lightweight and easy to use, the PSB-16 Portable Biometric Lock Box from Stack-On is a great option for on-the-go protection for your handgun. The biometric lock offers quick access to the gun with up to 20 individual fingerprints programmed for opening, and the scratch and impact-resistant constructions makes it durable enough to hold up in any situation.
Vaultek VT20i Biometric Handgun Safe – The VT20i from Vaultek is a Bluetooth enabled biometric safe that brings a lot of features to the table, including an LED lighting system that makes it easy to access your handgun even in the dark. The vault door is constructed from 16-gauge steel, has two anti-pry bars and tamper-resistant security locks that make it incredibly secure.
GunVault SV500 SpeedVault Handgun Safe – If you want fast access to your handgun while still having plenty of security, the GunVault SV500 SpeedVault is a great option. Built with a 16-gauge stainless steel housing and an incredibly accurate biometric system, the SV500 allows for quick and easy access when you need it most—while still keeping your gun safe and secure.
When considering what type of biometric gun safe to purchase, there are a few key points to consider:
- Usage: What type of gun will you be storing in it? How much space do you need for accessories?
- Size: You need to make sure the safe is small enough to fit in its intended location.
- Security: Look for a safe with an alarm system, pry-resistant construction and other features that provide maximum security.
- Accessibility: Determine how quickly you need to be able to access your gun. Does the safe offer quick and easy access?
We hope this guide has helped you find the best biometric gun safe for your needs. Remember, when it comes to gun safety, it’s always better to be safe than sorry—so choose your safe wisely!