Best Belly Band Holster for Survival Guide: Men & Women’s Review and Buying Guide
A belly band holster is an absolute necessity for anyone who takes outdoor activities and survival seriously. A belly band holster is both comfortable and easily accessible, allowing you to carry your weapon where you need it without compromising your mobility or comfort. When choosing a belly band holster, there are several factors to consider, including size, material, comfort, and accessibility. This buying guide will help you choose the best belly band holster for your outdoor and survival needs.
What is a Belly Band Holster?
A belly band holster is a type of concealed firearms holster worn around the waist, which is usually secured on both sides. It typically has an adjustable opening which allows for quick access. It also provides greater defense against concealed threats while offering superior comfort and carrying convenience.
Belly band holsters come in a variety of sizes and materials, allowing the user to customize their holster for maximum comfort and security. It is often used by law enforcement personnel, hunters, and anyone looking to carry their weapon discreetly and comfortably.
Benefits of Belly Band Holsters
- Comfort: Belly band holsters are typically made from breathable fabrics to provide excellent comfort and ventilation. The adjustable openings allow the holster to fit snugly around the waist without any slippage or bunching up.
- Security: Belly band holsters are designed to keep firearms securely in place while allowing fast access when needed. The secure fit also helps to protect against loss, theft, breakage, or damage.
- Concealment: Belly band holsters are designed to be worn under garments, allowing for discretion in carrying a weapon. This can be extremely useful in situations where open carry is not an option.
Types of Belly Band Holsters
There are two main types of belly band holsters available: concealed carry and open carry. Concealed carry holsters are designed to be worn under garments and are generally better for discretely carrying firearms. Open carry holsters, on the other hand, are meant to be worn over garments and are better for situations where open carry is allowed.
Both concealed and open carry holsters are available in a variety of materials, such as leather, nylon, Kydex, and more. Some holsters are even available with a convenient glove compartment so you can store extra magazines and ammunition.
Features to consider when buying a Belly Band Holster
- Size: Belly band holsters come in various sizes to accommodate people of all body types. It’s important to measure your waist and hips to ensure that you get the right size for your body.
- Material: Belly band holsters are usually made from either leather or a synthetic material like nylon or Kydex. Leather provides greater durability and comfort, while synthetic materials are often more lightweight and breathable.
- Accessibility: It’s important to consider how accessible you want the holster to be. Some holsters have adjustable openings or thumb breaks for quick access, while others have fixed openings that may require more effort to draw your weapon.
- Comfort: Comfort is an important factor when choosing a belly band holster. Make sure that the holster is made from breathable materials and offers adjustable sizing so you can find the perfect fit.
By considering all of the factors outlined above, you will be able to find the best belly band holster for your outdoor survival needs. With the right holster, you can be sure that your weapon will be securely and comfortably carried wherever you need it.