Best Belly Band Holster for Survival For Men & Woman Review and Buying Guide
Belly bands are a versatile form of carry for a sidearm and are very useful for survival purposes. If you’re considering adding a belly band holster to your prepper gear, you’ll want to read this review and buying guide to help you make the best choice for your needs.
Features to Consider
When looking for a belly band holster for survival, there are some features to take into consideration. Durability, adjustability, comfort, and access are among the most important things to keep in mind. The right material for the holster and straps should be made of strong, rugged material. A good adjustable belt will be able to accommodate different sizes and body types, as well as accommodate different carry positions. Comfort is key when wearing a holster for longer periods of time, so be sure to look for one that is designed to be as comfortable as possible to wear. Lastly, you’ll need to be able to access your sidearm quickly and easily in the event of an emergency, so be sure to read reviews and find out if the holster has a solid retention system that will keep your gun secure but still be accessible to draw.
Types of Holsters
When looking for a belly band holster for survival, there are several types to consider. The most common type is the traditional leather holster with belt loops. These are generally comfortable and can be adjusted for different body types and carry positions. Other options include nylon holsters, which are lightweight and adjustable, and neoprene holsters, which are usually a bit more comfortable and breathable than leather. Some belly bands also come with a built-in pocket, which is a great way to store extra rounds of ammunition.
It’s important to keep safety in mind when using a belly band holster. It’s best to always assume the gun is loaded and practice responsible gun safety, such as always pointing the gun in a safe direction and making sure the safety is engaged when the gun is not in use. Also, if you’re carrying a handgun, make sure to only use a holster specifically designed for that type of weapon. Don’t substitute one type of weapon for another as this could lead to an unexpected and dangerous situation.
Our Top 5 Best Holsters for Survival
After researching different types of holsters, here are our top 5 contenders for best holsters for survival:
- Condor Compact Universal Nylon Holster: This lightweight, adjustable holster is ideal for people who need a multi-function holster that doesn’t take up much space. The open top design makes it easy to draw and re-holster quickly.
- Galco XDS3.3 Inner Waistband Holster: This is an excellent holser for comfort and versatility. It is lightweight, adjustable and made of sturdy leather. It also features an easy-off thumb break.
- Aker Leather International Belly Band: This belly band is great for people who want a discreet carry option. It is made of leather for durability and features a pocket for an extra magazine or round of ammunition.
- Tactical Scorpion Gear IWB Holster: This holster features adjustable tension screws for a custom fit and is made of durable nylon. It also comes with a retention strap for extra security.
- Galco V-Hawk Inside Waistband Holster: This holster is designed for maximum comfort and features adjustable belt clips for quick on/off. It is made of leather and has an open top design for easy drawing.
Belly band holsters are an excellent option for survival and prepper needs. They are comfortable to wear and allow for discreet, versatile carry. Be sure to consider the features of different holsters and pick one according to your needs and preferences. We hope this guide has given you a better idea of what kind of holsters will work best for you. Thanks for reading!