Best Belly Band Holster for Survival For Men & Woman Review and Buying Guide
With all the advancements made in firearms technology, it stands to reason that more and more responsible gun owners are seeking out the best belly band holsters for survival. Not only do these holsters offer superior comfort and convenience to those who carry firearms, but the added security they provide can often be the difference between life and death in a self-defense situation.
Whether you’re looking for the ultimate concealed carry holster for yourself or for a loved one, this guide provides the essential information for making an informed purchase. We’ll take you through the types of belly band holsters available, discuss how to make sure you’re getting the best fit and discuss the features to look for when making your choice.
Types of Belly Band Holsters
When choosing a belly band holster, the first step is to determine what type of concealment system you want. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Belt-style holsters: These are the most traditional style of belly band holster. They are generally made out of leather and feature an adjustable belt-like strap that you wear around your waist. This type of holster is usually the most secure and offers the best support for your firearm.
- Clip-on holsters: Clip-on holsters are exactly what they sound like: holsters with a clip that attaches to your belt. This kind of holster is great if you need something quick and easy to put on or take off. Many also feature adjustable straps that allow you to customize the fit of the holster to your body.
- Low-profile holsters: This type of holster is perfect for those looking for a concealed carry solution. These holsters have a slim profile and are designed to be worn inside your waistband without drawing attention to the fact that you’re carrying. They usually feature an adjustable fit and can accommodate most semi-automatics.
How to Get the Best Fit
Getting the right fit for your belly band holster is essential. Not only will it ensure that your firearm is secure and comfortable, but it will also provide the most effective concealment. When trying on a new holster, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size: Make sure the size of the belly band holster matches your body type. If it’s too big, you may notice a lot of extra material bunching up, and if it’s too small it may be difficult to put on and take off.
- Material: Look for a holster made from breathable fabric that won’t irritate your skin. Also check the quality of the stitching, as poor quality stitching could lead to the holster breaking down over time.
- Adjustability: Many belly band holsters feature adjustable straps that can be tightened or loosened to get the perfect fit. Be sure to try multiple adjustment levels to find the one that give you the best combination of security and comfort.
When shopping for a belly band holster, there are several features to look for that will help you find the most comfortable and secure option. These include:
- Retention straps: A good holster should include adjustable retention straps to help secure the firearm in place. This will help ensure that your gun stays in place even if you’re moving around or engaging in strenuous activities.
- Ambidextrous design: If you’re a left- or right-handed shooter, make sure the holster you choose is designed to be used with either hand. This will allow you to switch the orientation of your firearm without having to adjust the holster.
- Quick-release feature: Look for a holster with a quick-release system that makes it easy to draw your firearm if needed. Many belly band holsters come with a single or double-sided release that allows for rapid deployment if needed.
Belly band holsters offer a discreet and comfortable way to carry your firearm. When shopping for the best holster for survival, make sure to consider all of the essential elements discussed above. With this information in hand, you’ll be prepared to make an informed purchasing decision and be sure to get the perfect holster for your needs.