Best 22lr Pistol Review and Buying Guide
Are you in the market for a great 22lr pistol? The 22lr is a popular and affordable caliber, making it an excellent choice for target practice, small-game hunting, and general recreational shooting. With so many choices on the market, though, it can be hard to determine which is the best 22lr pistol for your needs. That’s why we put together this comprehensive review and buying guide.
Review of the Top 5 Best 22lr Pistols
- Browning 1911-22: The Browning 1911-22 is a replica of the iconic 1911 .45ACP pistol from Browning, but chambered in 22lr. This version is made by Browning with the same quality and attention to detail as the original, but with a lightweight alloy frame to ensure easy handling. The trigger is light and crisp with a short trigger reset, making it an excellent target pistol.
- Sig Sauer Mosquito: The Mosquito from Sig Sauer is a lightweight polymer-framed pistol that has an easy-to-manipulate slide stop, making it ideal for those with smaller hands. The trigger is surprisingly crisp and it comes with adjustable 3-dot sights that make it easy to hit your target.
- Walther P22: The P22 from Walther is another popular choice for 22lr pistols. This gun features a polymer frame, double-action trigger, and adjustable rear sight. It’s small size makes it perfect for concealed carry and its double-action trigger ensures higher accuracy when shooting.
- Ruger SR22: The Ruger SR22 is a reliable and accurate gun that’s perfect for recreational shooting and target practice. It features an ergonomic, textured grip and fixed sights that make it easy to handle. The SR22 also has an ambidextrous external safety and magazine release, so it’s easy to use for both left-handed and right-handed shooters.
- Kel-Tec PMR-30: The PMR-30 from Kel-Tec is a polymer-framed 22lr pistol that features an ambidextrous external safety and an under-barrel Picatinny rail for mounting accessories. It has an adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight, so it’s easy to shoot accurately. The PMR-30 also has a light, crisp trigger that makes it a pleasure to shoot.
Important Things to Consider Before Buying a 22lr Pistol
- Action Type: The action type of the gun is a key factor when deciding on the best 22lr pistol. There are single-action, double-action, and semi-automatic pistols available. Double-action pistols are the most common type, as they offer the highest accuracy due to the heavier trigger pull. Single-action pistols are great for target practice because the trigger pull is very light, but they are not suitable for self-defense.
- Recoil: 22lr pistols have very little recoil, so they are great for beginners who are just starting out. However, an experienced shooter will appreciate a gun that has more recoil, as it will help them to become more accustomed to shooting with a heavier caliber. So consider the amount of recoil you want in a gun before making your purchase.
- Sights: The sights on the gun are also important to consider when buying a 22lr pistol. Fixed sights are less expensive and offer the most accurate sight picture, although adjustable sights are more versatile. Fiber optic sights are also becoming increasingly popular, as they allow for quicker target acquisition and a clearer sight picture.
- Price: Last but not least, price is always an important factor when purchasing a gun. 22lr pistols can be found in a wide range of prices, from under $200 to well over a thousand dollars. So be sure to decide what kind of features you need and what price range you’re comfortable with before making a purchase.
If you’re in the market for a great 22lr pistol, you have plenty of great options to choose from. We hope this buying guide has helped you to find the best 22lr pistol for your specific needs. Remember to consider the action type, recoil, sights, and price when making your decision. Good luck!