DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home & Camp
Protecting your home and camp is a top priority. Installing a perimeter alarm system is a great way to help ensure that your property is safe, but hiring a professional to install one can be costly. The good news is that with a few simple tools, you can easily build your own DIY alarm system that will alert you when someone is near. Here are some tips to help you make your own perimeter alarm system.
Tools You Need
- Wireless security camera
- Motion sensors
- Signal amplifier
- Install your wireless security camera in a location that covers the maximum perimeter area. Make sure it is positioned high enough that it can see as much as possible.
- Using a drill, mount the motion sensors on the outside walls of your building near the main entrances.
- Connect the motion sensors to the amplifiers and cameras and run the amplifiers to the surveillance monitor.
- Attach batteries to the motion sensors to make sure that if the power is cut they will still function.
- Test the system to make sure it is working correctly.
Benefits of a DIY System
A DIY system is a great way to make sure your property is safe and secure without spending a fortune. With a DIY system you will have complete control over where the cameras, sensors, and amplifiers are placed, and you will be able to customize the system to fit your exact needs. Additionally, you will be able to access and control the system from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet.
A DIY perimeter alarm system is a great way to ensure that your home and camp stay safe and secure. With a few tools and some basic instructions, you can create a system that can alert you to any potential intruders and help keep your property secure.