DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
Do you want to secure your home and camp, but don’t want to spend a fortune on an expensive alarm system? Fear not, you can easily create your own DIY perimeter alarm system which is wireless and affordable! Our guide will walk you through everything that you need to know to create your own system in no time.
What You’ll Need To Get Started
- Wireless door and window sensors
- Wireless motion sensors
- A siren and/or light to alert intruders
- A central controller or hub (optional)
Step by Step Instructions for Setting Up Your DIY Perimeter Alarm
- Decide on a location for your siren or light. This should be a highly visible area that will signal any intruders when they step into the perimeter of your home.
- Position your door and window sensors at all entry points. For added protection, you can also place motion sensors around the perimeter of your house and camp.
- Connect your sensors to a central controller (optional), if you wish to check the status of your alarm system remotely.
- Connect the siren or light to the central controller.
- Test your system to make sure the sensors are working correctly.
Tips for Making the Most Out of Your DIY System
- Use wireless sensors to make installation and maintenance easier.
- Choose sensors with long battery life to avoid having to change them frequently.
- For added security, install a visible CCTV camera outside the premises.
- If you opt for a central controller, make sure it is secure and tamper proof.
Creating your own DIY perimeter alarm is a great way to protect your home and camp without breaking the bank. By following this guide, you can easily construct your own system in a few simple steps. However, if you have any doubts, seek professional help!