DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home & Camp
Whether it’s your home or camp, no one likes the feeling of being unprotected and vulnerable. With just a few simple tools and materials, you can build a DIY perimeter alarm that will sound an alert when someone gets too close. This alarm system is easy to set up, requires minimal maintenance, and provides the extra peace of mind you want.
Tools & Materials
- Wireless Doorbell, Push Button, and Alarm System – You’ll need a basic wireless doorbell system, which can usually be purchased at any department or hardware store. It should include a push button that will be placed outside the perimeter of your home or camp. The bell should also include an alarm system that can be set off when the button is pressed.
- Nails – You’ll need some nails for installation of the doorbell system.
- Drill – You’ll need a drill to drive in the nails.
- Screwdriver – You’ll need a screwdriver to install the doorbell and alarm components.
- Wire Cutters – You’ll need wire cutters to attach the components.
- Wireless Router – You’ll need a wireless router to connect the alarm to Wi-Fi and the internet.
- Install the Push Button: Find the best place to mount the push button, typically a few feet away from the entrance of the perimeter. Then, drill a hole and insert the nail. Attach the push button to the nail and make sure it is secure. Replace the back panel, if necessary, and tighten the screws.
- Attach the Doorbell and Alarm: Mount the doorbell and alarm system according to the instruction manual, using the screwdriver and wire cutters to complete the job. Make sure both systems are securely attached to the wall.
- Connect the Wireless Router: Connect the wireless router to the internet and make sure it is securely in place. Make sure the router is close enough to the alarm system for the signal to reach.
- Test the System: Press the button a few times to make sure that the alarm is working and the doorbell is ringing. Make any necessary adjustments to ensure that everything is working properly.
- Enjoy Peace of Mind: With your DIY perimeter alarm system, you can enjoy the added peace of mind knowing that you and your home are now protected from intruders!
With a few simple tools and materials, it’s easy to set up a DIY perimeter alarm system that will alert you when someone gets too close. Installing this system is a great first step in ensuring the safety of your home and camp.