DIY Perimeter Alarm To Protect Your Home&Camp
With the rise in home intrusion and thefts, it is high time to take some extra measures when it comes to protecting the household and camp. A DIY perimeter alarm is an ideal choice to set up a basic and effective home security system without spending much on hiring professional services. Follow the steps given in this article to construct your own alarm system.
Things You Will Need
- Vibration sensors
Steps to Make a DIY Perimeter Alarm For Home Protection
- Take a vibration sensor and place it where you want to set the alarm. Make sure it is placed properly so that it will detect any change in vibrations.
- Attach the other end of the wire with the buzzer and fix the buzzer at the central spot in the house. If you install multiple sensors, make sure the buzzer is common for all.
- Fix a battery to power up the buzzer and vibrations sensors.
- The alarm can be set into two modes – active or passive. In active mode, the alarm will sound immediately as soon as a slight vibration is detected by the sensors. In passive mode, you can specify a period of delay when the alarm will sound if a vibration is detected.
- You can either attach the buzzer directly to the wall or seat it in a visible place like a table or showcase, this way you are less likely to forget that it is switched on in case you are leaving the premises.
Setting up a DIY perimeter alarm system is easy and cost-effective. All you need to do is follow the steps given in the article and secure your home and your camp from intruders. Stay safe and always be aware of your surroundings.