Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes can be a huge nuisance when it comes to spending time outdoors. Not only can they make your outdoor experience unpleasant, they can also carry and spread a number of different diseases. Thankfully, there are now a range of different mosquito traps available, which can help to drastically reduce the number of mosquitoes in your backyard. In this review and buying guide we will look at some of the best mosquito traps currently on the market, and provide useful advice to help you make the right choice.
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are a number of different types of mosquito traps available. From traditional bait traps to electric ones, and from traps that use light, heat or sound to attract the pests. In general, the most effective type of mosquito trap is the electric one. This type of trap works by using a fan to draw mosquitoes inside, where they are then electrocuted. Electric mosquito traps are typically the most expensive option, but they are also the most effective.
Features To Consider
When shopping for a mosquito trap, there are a few important features that you will need to consider. Firstly, consider the size of the mosquito trap. If you plan to use it indoors, then you need to make sure that it is small enough to fit in the desired area. If you plan to use it outdoors, then you may want to opt for a larger model. Secondly, consider the type of electricity sources the trap requires. Some traps can be plugged into a wall socket while others need to be powered by batteries.
Top 5 Mosquito Traps
- Stinger 1-Acre Outdoor Mosquito Trap: This trap uses a combination of CO2 and ultraviolet light to lure mosquitoes into the trap. It is suitable for use in outdoor areas of up to 1 acre. It is designed for durability, with a weatherproof housing and an imperial-grade stainless steel mesh.
- Mosquito Magnet Executive Trap: This electric trap uses both heat and CO2 to lure mosquitoes and other pests into the net. It is suitable for outdoor use, and can cover up to 1 acre. It is easy to set up and maintain, and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- BioCare Pro-1 Mosquito Trap: This electric trap uses a fan to draw mosquitoes into the fan’s powerful suction. It is designed for outdoor use, and can cover up to 1/2 acre. It is easy to set up and maintain, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer: This electric trap uses an ultraviolet light to lure mosquitoes and other pests. It is suitable for outdoor use, and can cover up to 1/2 acre. It is easy to set up and maintain, and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Harris Mosquito Traps: This traditional bait trap uses a combination of CO2 and honey to attract mosquitoes. It is suitable for outdoor use, and can cover up to 1 acre. It is easy to set up and maintain, and comes with a 2-year warranty.
Mosquito traps are a great way to keep pesky mosquitoes away from outdoor areas. Before purchasing one, consider the size and type of trap you require, as well as the features and warranties offered. We have provided reviews of some of the top mosquito traps on the market, to help you find the best one for your needs.