The Best Mosquito Trap: Indoor and Outdoor Reviews and Buyer’s Guide 2020
With the summer months fast approaching, mosquito numbers can skyrocket outside and even make their way indoors in some cases. These pesky insects can make a day at the pool or cookout unbearable and ruin a peaceful backyard setting. With the right mosquito trap, you can keep these unwanted pests at bay and enjoy outdoor activities this summer. But the market is full of mosquito traps and which one is best?
In this article, we’ll review the best mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use and provide you with a buying guide so you can make an educated purchase. We’ve done extensive research to provide you with the most comprehensive and up-to-date information for 2020.
Best Indoor Mosquito Traps
When shopping for the best indoor mosquito trap, you want to look for a device that is both effective and quiet. Here are some of our top picks:
Dynamic Solutions WWK-91 Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
- Ultrasonic sounds designed to annoy pests, including mosquitoes.
- Safe to use around children and pets.
- Low power consumption and an LED light indicator.
- Designed to fit into any electrical socket.
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
- Powerful 15-watt electronic insect killer.
- Non-clogging killing grid.
- Energy efficient.
- Chemical-free and odor-free.
PestAway Ultrasonic Electronic Pest Repeller
- Produces high frequency soundwaves designed to drive away pests.
- Compatible with up to 85,000 square feet of living space.
- Non-toxic and odorless.
- Contains LED indicator light.
Best Outdoor Mosquito Traps
For outdoor mosquito traps, you want to look for devices that are effective and have a large coverage area. Here are some of our top picks:
DynaTrap Insect & Mosquito Trap
- Uses a combination of UV light, heated carbon dioxide, and a fan to attract and capture mosquitoes.
- Weatherproof design.
- Designed to cover about 1 acre of outdoor space.
- Odorless and chemical-free.
Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device
- Uses a 30 watt UV light to attract and zap mosquitoes.
- Weatherproof design for outdoor use.
- Covers up to 1/2 acre of outdoor space.
- Designed to be hung on a tree or post.
Innovative Eco-Solutions Mosquito Magnet
- Attracts and traps mosquitoes using carbon dioxide.
- Covers up to 1 acre of outdoor space.
- Requires a propane tank (not included).
- Weatherproof design.
When buying a mosquito trap, there are several factors to consider:
- What type of mosquito trap are you looking for (indoor, outdoor, etc.)?
- How large of an area does the trap need to cover?
- Do you want a chemical-free or odorless solution?
- What type of power source do you prefer?
- How much do you want to spend?
Once you have answered these questions, you can narrow down your choices and make an informed purchase. We hope this guide has been helpful in finding the best mosquito trap for your needs.