Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
No one likes being bitten by mosquitoes. It can ruin a pleasant evening outdoors or the tranquil atmosphere of your home. A mosquito trap is the most effective and economical way to combat these pesky insects. But choosing the right one could be a challenging task.
In this article, we’ll review the best mosquito traps available for both indoor and outdoor use, and provide a few tips on what to look for when buying one. We’ve designed this guide so you can make the most informed decision possible when it comes to keeping your home and yard free of these bothersome bugs.
What are Mosquito Traps?
Mosquito traps use carbon dioxide to draw the bugs into a trap – think a box-like container with special features that make it difficult for the bugs to escape. These traps also often use light, which has been proven to attract more mosquitoes. Most traps work by heating up to replicate a person’s body temperature, which can also attract the bugs.
Which Mosquito Trap is Right For You?
There are a few things you should consider when buying a mosquito trap. First, what size area do you need to cover? For instance, indoor mosquito traps generally cover a small area, whereas outdoor traps cover a larger area. Second, you should consider the type of trap. Electric traps are great for outdoor areas and can last up to 45 days, while battery-powered traps are better for indoor use and last just a few days.
The Best Mosquito Traps on the Market
Indoor Mosquito Traps
- Bug Zapper Racket – This simple but effective electric bug zapper looks like a tennis racket and kills bugs on contact.
- Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer – This outdoor trap uses a special ultraviolet light to attract and zap flying insects.
- Mosquito Magnet Commander – This trap uses carbon dioxide to lure the bugs to their doom.
- Victor M380 – This trap plugs into any outlet and releases a gentle scent that will keep mosquitoes away.
- Thermacell Repellent – A repellent system that uses heat and scent to keep the bugs away for up to 12 hours.
Outdoor Mosquito Traps
- Backyard Mosquito Trap – This trap uses a fan to suck the bugs in and a net to keep them in.
- PortaMate PM450 – This electric trap features a funnel to draw the bugs in and mosquito-resistant fabric to keep them in.
- Mosquito Magnet Liberty – This trap uses propane to create an attractive plume of carbon dioxide.
- DynaTrap – This trap uses UV light and carbon dioxide to lure and capture mosquitoes.
- Mosquito Vac – This battery-powered trap captures mosquitoes using powerful suction.
Finally, make sure you read as many customer reviews as possible, since this will give you an idea of the quality of the product. Most traps come with a warranty, so make sure to read the fine print and ask any questions you may have before purchasing.
There are many mosquito traps available for both indoor and outdoor use. Choosing the right one for you depends on factors such as the size of the area to cover and the type of trap. We hope that this guide has provided helpful information and tips to help you find the best mosquito trap for your needs. Good luck and happy shopping!