Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Are you looking for the best mosquito trap to chase away annoying and possibly disease-carrying insects? We’ve taken a look at the different types of mosquito traps available and compiled this comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the best one for your needs.
Mosquito traps work by attracting mosquitoes to the device without the use of repellants like DEET. Many of these devices use either a black light, heat, or CO2, to lure mosquitoes in. The device then traps the mosquitoes in a vacuum or net, or kills the mosquitoes with a fan.
Types of Mosquito Traps:
- Black Light Traps: These traps emit a light in the ultra violet range that attracts mosquitoes, and then captures them in nothingness or a net.
- Heat Traps: Mosquitoes are attracted to the warmth of humans, so heat traps mimic human body heat to draw in the mosquitoes. These include tabletop and electric in-wall traps.
- Carbon Dioxide Traps: These mosquito traps simulate the CO2 emitted by humans or animals to lure in mosquitoes. The mosquitoes are then either vacuumed in or caught in a net.
- Magnetic Traps: This new type of mosquito trap uses magnetic force to pull in mosiquitoes from long distances. These traps need to replace the attractant once every 4-6 weeks.
Things to Consider When Buying a Mosquito Trap
- Location: Where will you be placing the mosquito trap? Will you be using it indoors or outdoors?
- Size: How big is the area that you need to treat? If you have a large area to cover, you’ll need a more powerful trap to attract mosquitoes from a wide area.
- Power Source: Some traps need to be plugged into an outlet, whereas others (like heat and magnetic traps) need to be powered by a battery or a solar panel.
- Maintenance: Some traps need to be cleaned and refilled periodically. Choose a trap with minimal maintenance so that it’s easier to keep up with.
Our Top Picks for Best Mosquito Trap
- Giles & Posner Electric Indoor Mosquito Killer: This electric mosquito trap uses ultraviolet light to attract mosquitoes and then ensnare them in a net. It’s designed for indoor use and is non-toxic.
- Hoont 2-in-1 Outdoor Mosquito & Insect Trap: This device uses ultraviolet light, CO2, and heat to attract and capture mosquitoes. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, and is effective up to an acre.
- The Executioner Fly, Gnat & Mosquito Killer: This electric trap is designed for outdoor use and uses powerful suction to pull mosquitoes in and then zap them. It’s designed for larger areas, up to 0.38 acres.
- Mosquito Magnet Liberty Plus: This trap is ideal for bigger outdoor areas and uses CO2 to attract and trap mosquitoes. Plus, it’s easy to maintain, with only a need to replace the attractant cartridge every 4-6 weeks.
These traps are a great way to get rid of those pesky mosquitos; just make sure to choose the one that best fits your needs. With this guide, you’ll be able to find the mosquito trap that’s right for you!