Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
As the summer months roll around, the number of mosquitoes becomes a nuisance. But don’t worry, there’s no need to be the victim of their persistent bites when you have mosquitoes traps available. There are several different types of mosquito traps and not all of them are effective in all environments. To guide you in selecting the best mosquito trap for your situation, we have reviewed and compared the top models of mosquito traps available on the market.
Why Do I Need a Mosquito Trap?
Mosquito traps are effective devices that work to reduce the mosquito population in your area. By trapping the mosquitoes in one area, you can prevent them from getting to areas of the home where you may spend a lot of time. In addition, they are relatively inexpensive and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are several different types of mosquito traps available, all of which work in different ways and are more or less effective in different environments. Some of the most popular types include:
- Ultrasonic Mosquito Traps: These traps emit high-frequency sound waves that attract mosquitoes by mimicking the sound of their hosts. They are relatively subtle and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Light Traps: Light traps use blue or ultraviolet light to attract mosquitoes. They typically need to be placed near a source of running water, such as a birdbath, pond, or pool.
- Propane Traps: Propane traps use the heat and carbon dioxide produced by propane to attract mosquitoes. They generally work best outdoors, as the propane needs to be connected to a propane tank.
- Baited Traps: Baited traps use odor or flavor to attract mosquitoes. The bait usually comes in the form of an expiration pheromone that is designed to replicate the smell of a human or animal host.
Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor & Outdoor Use
To make sure that you get the most effective mosquito trap, we have reviewed a few of the top models on the market. All of the following traps will be effective for both indoor and outdoor use.
1. Flowtron BK-80D Electronic Insect Killer
The Flowtron BK-80D is an effective indoor and outdoor electronic insect killer that works to trap and kill mosquitoes and other flying insects. It is powered by an 11-watt bulb and features an over 1-acre coverage radius. This product is perfect for larger yards and parks, and it can be spaced out across an area in order to provide better coverage.
2. DynaTrap DT1050 Insect Trap
This DynaTrap insect trap is an excellent option for both indoor and outdoor protection. It features a UV fluorescent bulb to attract insects into the trap, and it has an additional octenol lure to draw in mosquitoes specifically. This trap covers up to 1 acre of land and is very quiet and subtle while in operation.
3. Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device
The Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly ControlDevice is a more powerful alternative to other traps. This device is designed for use in larger areas, such as farms, warehouses, and cafeterias. It will cover up to 4 acres and features a shatter-resistant grid and waterproof housing for durability in all weather conditions.
Mosquito traps offer an effective way to reduce the mosquito population in your area. Whether you need a trap for indoor or outdoor use, there are several effective models available on the market today. We hope that our reviews have helped you find the best mosquito trap for your situation.