Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor and Outdoor – Reviews and Buying Guide
Mosquitoes have made a major impact on mankind, spreading countless diseases and infecting millions of people annually. Not only that, the buzzing sound of these little bugs can really put a damper on outdoor activities and ruin the experience. To help you take back your home, and outside environment, from these pesky bugs, we have written up the following review of the best mosquito traps, as well as a buying guide to help you make the best purchase.
What are Mosquito Traps?
A mosquito trap is a device that is used to lure mosquitoes to it and then eliminates them in some way, either killing them with an electric zap or using trapping gates. There are two main types of traps on the market – indoor and outdoor.
- Indoor Mosquito Traps – These traps work by releasing an amount of a chemical attractant, often carbon dioxide or an insect growth regulator, to lure mosquitos to it. The trap then uses a fan to suck in the mosquitos, and either shocks them with electricity or traps them in some kind of sticky material.
- Outdoor Mosquito Traps – These traps usually use a combination of an attractant and light to lure the mosquitos and then either traps them in some kind of sticky material or use a fan to suck in the mosquitos.
Our Top Picks – Best Mosquito Traps for Indoor and Outdoor Use
Below are our top picks for the best mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use. We’ve reviewed each product based on its performance, value, and features.
Best Indoor Mosquito Trap – DynaTrap DT300XT
The DynaTrap DT300XT stands out from the crowd due to its superior design and high-end features. It uses a 3-way protection system, consisting of a fan to suck in the mosquitos, an ultraviolet light to lure the mosquitos, and an electrically charged grid to finish them off. In addition, it is made from durable plastic and sports a sleek, modern look.
Best Outdoor Mosquito Trap – Flowtron BK-15D
The Flowtron BK-15D is a great option for those looking for an outdoor trap with superior performance. It uses an insect growth regulator and a fan to suck in the mosquitos, and an ultraviolet light to lure the mosquitos. In addition, it is made from durable metal and has a weather-resistant finish.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Mosquito Trap
When buying a mosquito trap, you should consider several factors, such as type of attractant, luring mechanism, type of killing method, installation area, and affordability. Here is a closer look at each of these factors:
- Type of Attractant – Carbon dioxide and an insect growth regulator are the two most common attractants used in mosquito traps. Depending on your particular situation, one may be better beneficial to you than the other.
- Luring Mechanism – Mosquito traps use either ultraviolet light or a fan to draw the mosquitos in. Both are effective at luring the mosquitos, but some are more powerful than others.
- Type of Killing Method – Mosquito traps can either kill the mosquitoes with an electric zap or use a trapping gate to catch them in some type of sticky material.
- Installation Area – Where you choose to install your mosquito trap is important as outdoor traps are designed to be placed away from windows and doors, while indoor traps can be located wherever you see fit.
- Affordability – Your budget will determine what type of trap you buy, as higher-end models may be out of reach for some people. Do your research and make sure you get the best value for your money.
Mosquito traps are a great way to protect yourself and your family from these biting bugs and the diseases they spread. We hope this review and buying guide helps you find the best solution for your needs.