Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Nothing can ruin the summer fun like having a mosquito buzzing around your ears. Mosquitoes carry numerous diseases, so it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible. One of the most effective ways to do this is by using a mosquito trap. There is a wide array of mosquito traps available and they vary in different aspects like price, size, and effectiveness.
In this article, we will review some of the best mosquito traps for indoor and outdoor use, and provide a comprehensive buying guide so you can choose the one that works best for your needs.
What is a Mosquito Trap?
A mosquito trap is a device designed to trap and kill mosquitoes by using a variety of methods such as lures, ultraviolet light, and other attractants. Most traps operate on a battery or plug into an electrical outlet. Some traps even allow for the use of propane or butane gas to be used as fuel. The goal is to kill the mosquitoes before they bite you.
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are three types of mosquito traps that are commonly used for indoor and outdoor use:
- Light Traps: Light traps typically use ultraviolet light to attract mosquitoes and dry ice or propane to kill them instantly.
- Bait Traps: Bait traps use lures such as water and sugar or a special liquid attractant, such as a blend of proteins and sugars. The bait is exposed to attract the mosquitoes where they will then be trapped.
- Sonic Traps: Sonic traps emit sound frequencies that are designed to attract mosquitoes and then the mosquitoes are vacuumed into the trap.
Features to Look for in a Mosquito Trap
When shopping for a mosquito trap, there are a few features you should look for to ensure effective results. These include:
- Attractant: Make sure the trap has an attractant that is designed to draw in mosquitoes, with the best attractant being carbon dioxide.
- Coverage Area: Choose a trap that is designed for the size of your property. If you have a large area with a lot of mosquitos, then a larger trap may be more suitable.
- Noise and Odors: Look for a trap that is designed to be silent, asMosquitoes are particularly sensitive to sound. Also, check for traps that are odorless and not too strong-smelling.
- Ease of Use:Look for a trap that is easy to use and maintain, with advanced features such as self-cleaning and automatic shut-off.
The Best Mosquito Traps to Buy
Now that you know the features to look for in a mosquito trap, here are some of the best traps to buy for both indoor and outdoor use.
Indoor Mosquito Trap
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer: This trap uses a UV light to attract mosquitos and then zaps them with an electrical shock. It is designed for a 1/2 acre coverage area and is odorless and noiseless.
- Mosquito Magnet Patriot Plus Trap: This trap uses propane and an attractant to draw mosquitoes in and then vacuums them up. It is designed for a 1 acre coverage area and has a self-cleaning feature.
Outdoor Mosquito Trap
- Victor Multi-Kill Electronic Insect Killer: This trap uses UV light and an electric grid to zap mosquitoes on contact. It is designed for a one-half acre coverage area and is odorless and noiseless.
- DynaTrap Outdoor Insect Trap: This trap uses lures, ultraviolet light, and a vacuum system to capture and kill mosquitoes. It is designed for up to ½ acre coverage area and features a self-cleaning and automatic shut-off feature.
Mosquito traps are an effective way to get rid of these pesky pests and keep your family safe from disease. When looking for a mosquito trap, make sure to look for one with an attractant, coverage area, noise and odor control, and ease of use. Above are some of the best mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use.