Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
We all know that no one enjoys being bitten by mosquitos, and if you’re looking for an effective way to manage your mosquito population, you should consider investing in a mosquito trap. Mosquito traps have been around for years and can help kill mosquitos with special heat, light, and air circulation. In this article, we review the best mosquito traps available, to both indoors and outdoors, and provide a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
Types of Mosquito Traps
There are three main types of traps for mosquiotoes:
- Heat Traps – these traps attract mosquitoes with warm temperatures. This is the most common type of trap, as jets of hot air attract mosquitos and an exhaust fan prevents them from escaping.
- Light Traps – these traps emit light that attracts mosquitos, using an ultraviolet-emitting bulb. This type of trap can also be used to attract other flying insects.
- Air Traps – these traps create air circulations that direct mosquitoes into an enclosed area where they become trapped.
Reviews of the Best Indoor & Outdoor Mosquito Traps
Here are reviews of our top picks for both indoor and outdoor mosquito traps.
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer – this insect killer features non-clogging grids so mosquitos can’t escape, and an advanced UV light to attract mosquitos. It’s easy to set up and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Aspectek 20W Electronic Insect Killer – this device features a powerful 20W UV light to attract mosquitos, as well as a patented non-clogging grid system that prevents mosquitos from escaping the trap. It’s come with a one-year warranty.
- Dynatrap Insect Trap – this device uses an attractant to lure mosquitoes into the trap, and features a powerful fan that prevents them from escaping. It can also trap other flying insects.
- Thermacell MR300 Portable Mosquito Repeller – this device features a heat source to attract mosquitos, as well as a fan to prevent them from escaping. It’s lightweight and portable, and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Mosquito Magnet MM3300 Patriot Mosquito Trap – this trap uses a propane burner to attract mosquitos, as well as a patented counterflow technology to trap them. It’s easy to set up and maintain, and comes with a three-year limited warranty.
- Dynamic Solutions Worldwide Mosquito Trap – this trap uses a heated source to attract mosquitos and a fan to keep them trapped. It’s easy to set up, durable, and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Mosquito Trap Buying Guide
When selecting a mosquito trap, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Type – as mentioned above, there are three main types of mosquito traps. Choose the type that’s best suited for your needs.
- Ease of Use – some traps are easier to set up than others. Consider how much work you want to put into trapping mosquitos.
- Cost – mosquito traps can be quite expensive. Consider your budget and how often you’ll be using the trap.
- Maintenance – some traps require more maintenance than others. Make sure you choose one that’s easy to maintain.
We hope this guide and the above reviews help you find the best mosquito trap for your needs. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.