Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor Review and Buying Guide
Mosquito traps can provide relief from these pesky, blood-sucking pests, so if you’re looking for some relief from the mosquito buzz, you’re in the right place. In this review and buying guide, we’ll cover the best mosquito traps for indoor and outdoor use, as well as provide helpful tips on what to look for and how to get the most out of your trap.
Types of Mosquito Traps
Before we dive into the best traps for indoor and outdoor use, let’s go over the two main types of mosquito traps.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Traps: These traps use an ultraviolet light to draw in mosquitoes and other flying insects. The light is usually combined with a fan that sucks in the mosquitoes and traps them in a container. The light and fan can be powered by a battery or an electric plug.
- Bait Traps: These traps attract mosquitoes with a lure, such as carbon dioxide or a food-based attractant. The mosquitoes are then trapped in a container or caught on a sticky glue strip.
The Best Mosquito Traps Reviewed
Flowtron BK-40D Mosquito Killer
The Flowtron BK-40D Mosquito Killer is a great all-purpose UV trap that’s designed for both indoor and outdoor use. It’s powered by an electric plug, and it can kill up to 40 acres of mosquitoes, flies, and other flying insects. It is recommended for areas up to 1 acre in size and can be used in commercial or home settings.
Stinger Insect Zapper
The Stinger Insect Zapper is a UV trap that’s compact yet powerful, making it great for use in smaller yards. It’s powered by a rechargeable battery, so you don’t have to worry about plugging it in. It also has a 1-acre coverage area, so it can work well for smaller spaces.
Victor M380 Professional Mosquito Trap
The Victor M380 Professional Mosquito Trap is a bait trap designed for outdoor use. It uses a powerful attractant (propane and octenol) to draw mosquitoes in from up to ¼ acre, but it can effectively reduce the populations of mosquitoes in a ½ acre area. It is also powered by an electric plug and can be used in commercial or residential settings.
Things to Look For in a Mosquito Trap
- Coverage Area: You want to make sure the trap you get can adequately cover the area you need it to. While bait traps can be used in smaller areas, UV traps need to cover larger areas (up to one acre for the traps featured in this guide).
- Attractants: If you get a bait trap, make sure it uses an attractant that is proven to be effective on mosquitoes. Carbon dioxide and food-based attractants are two of the most popular attractants.
- Safety: If you are using the trap indoors, make sure it is rated for indoor use. Also check to make sure the trap has built-in safety features, such as a shut off timer or auto shut off switch.
Mosquito traps can be a great way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the dangers of mosquito-borne illness. In this guide, we covered the two main types of mosquito traps – UV traps and bait traps – and provided reviews of the best traps for both indoor and outdoor use. We also provided helpful tips on what to look for and how to get the most out of your trap. We hope this guide was helpful and that you’re now ready to purchase the best mosquito trap for your needs.