Best Mosquito Trap for Indoor & Outdoor: Review and Buying Guide
It’s that time of year again: mosquito season. If the buzz of mosquitoes is driving you inside, it’s time to invest in a trap to get rid of them. But which mosquito trap should you buy? With so many options out there, it can be tough to decide. We’ve compiled this list of the best mosquito traps for both indoor and outdoor use, along with a helpful buying guide.
Best Mosquito Traps – Indoor Use
If mosquitoes are ruining your indoor oasis, these top three traps can keep them at bay:
- Dynamic Solutions’ World Source UV Light Indoor Mosquito Trap: This trap fits in any home or office setting, thanks to its sleek, modern design. The LED light attracts mosquitoes, and the fan suctions them in. It’s on wheels so you can move it around wherever you need it.
- Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer: This insect killer utilizes ultraviolet bulbs and attractants that draw mosquitoes and other flying insects to an electrified grid that kills them on contact. Plus, it’s odorless, and quiet—perfect for indoor use.
- Mosquito Magnet Independence: This highly effective trap lures mosquitoes in using CO2 and other attractants. The Independence model is designed for easy portability. It runs on propane and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Best Mosquito Traps – Outdoor Use
For pest control outdoors, these are the three best mosquito traps:
- Off! Deep Woods Mosquito and Tick Repellent I: This DEET-based mosquito repellent is great for outdoor adventurers. It’s easy to apply and provides up to 8 hours of protection from mosquitoes. It also repels ticks and biting flies.
- DynaTrap DT1050 Insect and Mosquito Trap: This trap is perfect for gardens and patios. Its ultraviolet bulb attracts mosquitoes while the fan traps them. The DynaTrap is powered by electricity and offers continuous protection.
- Dynamic Solutions’ Mosquito Terminator Pro: This trap is perfect for big yards and open spaces. It uses a combination of octenol, carbon dioxide and light to attract mosquitoes and traps them with its high-powered fan. It runs on propane and covers up to one acre of area.
Before you buy a mosquito trap, here are a few factors to consider:
- Size: The size of the trap will depend on the size of the area you’re trying to cover. Smaller traps are more suitable for indoor use, while larger ones are better for outdoor spaces.
- Power Source: Mosquito traps are either powered by electricity or propane. Choose the one that’s most convenient for you.
- Attractants: Some traps use ultraviolet light bulbs, while others employ attractants like CO2 and octenol. Consider which one is best for the type of space you’re trying to protect.
- Ease of Use: How easy is it to set up the trap? Does it require maintenance or refill? Check all these factors before making your purchase.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to mosquito control. The right trap depends on the space you’re trying to protect, so make sure to consider all the factors before you buy. With our guide, we hope you’ve been able to find the mosquito trap that’s best for you.