If you’re looking for a way to comfortably, securely and discreetly carry a concealed weapon, you’ve probably considered the advantages of a belly band holster. Easy to wear, hide under clothing and adjust to allow you to comfortably carry your weapon wherever you go, these popular options allow you to bring your gun along while keeping it tucked away from public view. In this guide, we’ll provide information on the top belly band holster designs available — along with some helpful tips to keep in mind as you select one for yourself.
Types of Belly Band Holsters
When shopping for a holster, the best belly band holster designs to consider can be broken into three categories:
- Open carry holsters: Designed to allow you to open carry your gun or other weapon without necessarily wearing a belt or clip. Often come with waist straps, but may require a belt for additional security.
- Inside-the-waistband holsters: This type of holster is intended for a tucked-in shirt. It usually offers good concealment but may not be comfortable if you’re wearing a tight shirt or an extra-large gun.
- Outside-the-waistband holsters: Designed to be tucked into a belt or pants waistband, this type of holster offers greater concealment than an open carry holster. However, it may be more difficult to draw your weapon quickly from outside the waistband if your gun isn’t seated properly in the holster.
Considerations When Choosing a Belly Band Holster
When selecting the best belly band holster for your needs, consider the following factors:
- Fit: The holster should fit your weapon securely and be adjustable enough to let you carry your gun comfortably.
- Retention: Not only should you be able to draw your gun quickly and easily, the holster should also keep your weapon firmly in place so it won’t become dislodged while you’re moving or in other situations.
- Construction: Look for models made of strong, durable materials like leather, nylon or Kydex that can withstand normal wear and tear and hold up to use in all kinds of conditions.
- Versatility: Many holsters also have adjustable straps that can better secure your gun, additional pockets for ammunition and other items or features like a snap-on belt clip for secure wear.
Top 5 Best Belly Band Holster For Survival
- TEGE Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry: This model comes with both right- and left-hand draw options, offers superior comfort and fit and is adjustable to fit virtually any size handgun. Its highly visible retention strap and durable construction also ensure it will hold up to use in any situations.
- Cloakscreen Concealed Carry Belly Band Holster: This model allows for multiple sizes and many types of weapons. It’s also comfortable to wear and offers secure retention of your weapon.
- Sticky Holsters IWB LITE Belly Band: Offers superior security, comfort and convenience. Highly adjustable design lets you to wear anywhere and tuck in weapons from small to medium-sized handguns.
- Alpha Holster Belly Band Holster With Thumb Break: This model is made of leather and offers a unique clip-on attachment to your belt or waistband and fits comfortably. It also provides superior retention and ease of draw for concealed carry in any situation.
- Universal Gun Holster Belly Band: This highly adjustable, versatile and comfortable model offers additional pockets for ammo, phone, wallet and more. It’s also the perfect size and design to conceal wear and fits many types of handguns.
A belly band holster is a great option for a comfortable and convenient way to carry and conceal a weapon. When selecting the best belly band holster for your purposes, consider the type of holster you need, the fit, retention and construction and look for a versatile, secure and comfortable model designed to meet your needs. Keep in mind the five models we’ve listed above and you’ll be sure to find the best belly band holster for survival, for both men and women.