Best Belly Band Holster for Survival For Men & Woman Review and Buying Guide
As a part of our concealed carry product research, one item we must discuss is the belly band holster. These are popular for a variety of reasons, not least of which is the fact that they conceal quite well. A good belly band holster will keep your gun safe while also allowing you to easily access it when you need to.
What is a Belly Band Holster?
A belly band holster is a type of holster worn around the waist like a belt, but with a secondary loop and/or pouch below the gun for extra security and concealment. Most proprietary belly band holsters are made out of flexible materials like neoprene, elastic, or leather, though nylon and canvas straps are not uncommon.
Benefits of Using a Belly Band Holster
- Concealed Carry – Concealed carry has always been a tricky situation for gun owners. A belly band holster provides an additional layer of security between your gun and other people, making it a great option for discreetly carrying a weapon.
- Versatility – Depending on your needs, a belly band holster can be a great choice for both regular and deep concealment. You can adjust how tight or loose the band is depending on what you’re wearing. Many belly band holsters come with extra pockets which can hold additional items like magazines and spare pistols.
- Comfort – Belly band holsters are lightweight and made from breathable fabrics, making them comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- Adjustability – Belly band holsters are highly adjustable, allowing you to customize your fit and comfort level. You can even rotate the holster to the position of your choosing for a more personalized experience.
Things to Consider When Buying a Belly Band Holster
- Fit – Belly band holsters come in different sizes, so make sure you buy one that fits your waist comfortably. Some models even come in multiple sizes and/or adjustable straps.
- Retention – Retention is the ability of the holster to secure the gun in place. Look for holsters with adjustable retention straps or other features that will help you get the perfect fit.
- Comfort – Comfort is key when it comes to concealed carry. Look for a holster with a breathable material and adjustable straps that won’t dig into your skin.
- Durability – Durability is also important when considering a holster. Some models are made from tougher materials like leather, while some are made from softer fabrics that may or may not withstand the rigors of regular use.
- Price – Prices vary widely among belly band holsters, so keep in mind how often you’ll be using the holster and what type of gun you’ll be carrying when deciding how much to spend.
Top Belly Band Holsters for Survival
- Safariland Belly Band Holster – The Safariland Belly Band Holster is a great choice for concealed carry. It has adjustable straps, quick-release buckles, and comes in both leather and neoprene. It also comes with an adjustable belt for added security.
- CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe – The CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe is another great option for concealed carry. It has a contoured design that hugs your body for maximum comfort, and it can be worn beneath shirts or jackets. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Desantis Belly Band Holster – The Desantis Belly Band Holster is a popular choice among gun owners. It has adjustable straps and comes with an ambidextrous design, making it suitable for both left- and right-handed shooters. It’s also one of the most affordable options on our list.
- Blackhawk CQC Belly Band Holster – The Blackhawk CQC Belly Band Holster is another great option for concealed carry. It has adjustable straps, an adjustable retention strap, and comes with a lifetime warranty. It even has an integrated magazine pouch.
- Galco Pinch Holster – The Galco Pinch Holster is one of the most comfortable belly band holsters out there. It’s made out of leather and is adjustable in size. It also has an adjustable retention strap, making it a great option for those looking for secure retention.
When shopping for a belly band holster, there are many factors to consider. Make sure you think about your budget, the type of gun you’re carrying, and your comfort level before making a purchase. Weighing the pros and cons of each holster can help make the decision a bit easier. At the end of the day, the most important thing is to make sure you’ve found the right holster for you.